We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Avoiding traffic jam
Bonking_Mad
Posts: 259 Forumite
in Motoring
Due to relocation, I now have to travel 30 miles to work.
Before leaving home, I need to check M6 between J6 & J2, anyone know if there's an android app I can download with live info between the above junctions?
(Before relocation, I travelled to work by bus)
Before leaving home, I need to check M6 between J6 & J2, anyone know if there's an android app I can download with live info between the above junctions?
(Before relocation, I travelled to work by bus)
0
Comments
-
If you go to the Google Play store and search for "M6" you will find the M6 traffic news app (Its free).0
-
Bonking_Mad wrote: »Due to relocation, I now have to travel 30 miles to work.
Before leaving home, I need to check M6 between J6 & J2, anyone know if there's an android app I can download with live info between the above junctions?
(Before relocation, I travelled to work by bus)
Depends on your handset I find Google now brilliant, tomtom route planner is good too.
Google maps (which google now links to) however that section of road is well versed on the morning travel news.
Oh there is/was a traffic app, depends on the time of travel in the morning most mornings it is clear, you can also catch Midlands today on the bbc but keep your eyes of Elizabeth Glinka.
0 -
Waze is good for real time updates of traffic problems and will dynamically reroute you if necessary.What goes around - comes around0
-
Meh, just get a motorbikeGrab life by the balls before it grabs you by the neck.0
-
Google Maps for Android, then select the traffic option in it.
Shows Green is the traffic is flowing, yellow is it's moving slowly, and red if its a jam. It appears to work in real time, and must collect data from peoples mobile phones to work it all out. .0 -
Yep, Waze as above is 'crowdsourced sat nav' as in people make the maps, and report traffic. if there's someone on the M6 when you start your journey, and it's slow and they've reported it, you'll see it on the map, and Waze might take you a different route.
Google bought Waze and AFAIK their Maps traffic data comes from Waze, but maybe also other places. Since they're free, why not try them both?
Google Now will also 'learn' about your commute and pop up before you go out and before you go home to tell you how long your journey will take, and what delays to expect...0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.3K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.6K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.2K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards

