EBay problem

in Techie Stuff
8 replies 966 views
In my EBay account if I wanted to go back to the previous page once I have looked at a particular item and then I wanted to return to the list of items, there is a link you press Saying "back to My eBay" top left on page, these days when you press it this page appears "this webpage cannot be found" I presume it is a security thing but is so frustrating and would like to overcome this problem. I use IE 11 it might be a setting of theirs. Is there anybody who can help with this ?
Thanks

Just :o

Replies

• GillorGillor Forumite
    780 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I don't use IE but can't you just open a separate tab for each page and toggle back and forward between each page?
  • steviebabessteviebabes Forumite
    2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Might just be an IE problem, have you tried Chrome or Firefox?
  • Strider590Strider590 Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Hold shift when you click on the link, this will open the link in a new window.

I really struggle to understand why people try to do everything in one window.
    The only thing worse is people who maximise every single god damn window they are using, even on a 30inch monitor........
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • RealWelshWizardRealWelshWizard Forumite
    89 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Forumite
    happening in chrome also but just gives you a blank page. have to click the back arrow to go back a page. must be a glitch with ebay site
  • Strider590Strider590 Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    Well how about using the "back to search results" link instead?
    “I may not agree with you, but I will defend to the death your right to make an a** of yourself.”

<><><><><><><><><<><><><><><><><><><><><><> Don't forget to like and subscribe \/ \/ \/
  • RumRatRumRat Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Strider590 wrote: »
    Hold shift when you click on the link, this will open the link in a new window.

I really struggle to understand why people try to do everything in one window.
    The only thing worse is people who maximise every single god damn window they are using, even on a 30inch monitor........
    Tabs are more convenient than separate windows and easier to move between. Maybe that's the reason..;)
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • edited 1 March 2015 at 7:23PM
    Strider590Strider590 Forumite
    11.9K Posts
    edited 1 March 2015 at 7:23PM
    RumRat wrote: »
    Tabs are more convenient than separate windows and easier to move between. Maybe that's the reason..;)

Really? Seeing as my left hand is always on my keyboard, I find ALT+TAB to be faster.

And for those not familiar with standard windows shortcuts, how is using tab browsing any faster than selecting the appropriate tab on the desktop taskbar?

Hell failing that my mousing switch windows buttons.

Even better than that, how about the the "switch between windows" feature?

You can actually see what your switching to.

WindowsKeyPlusTabAeroDesktop_thumb.png

Tab browsing is utterly retarded, I usually get around to turning it off after I accidentally close 6 webpages at once and have to go round the Wrekin trying to find them again.

We have one set of tabs on the taskbar, I don't need any more.
    I know why they put tabs on browsers, it's because so many planks/technophobes do as I described previously, always running every window maximised.

• RumRatRumRat Forumite
    4.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    If you say so...:D
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Boost your Nectar points

Get up to £25 in bonus points