Claim to offer credit cards to people new to UK, then ask 3 years address history

If I search google for "credit card new to uk" aqua, vanquis and luma all show up because their websites claim they are out to help people new to the UK to build a credit history

But when I try to sign up I can't complete the application because I have only been in the UK for 6 months and it won't let me put my previous non UK address as part of my 3 year address history.

I don't understand how they are advertising that they can help you build a credit history if you are new to the UK, then expect a 3 year UK address history on the signup form. Am I missing something?

I just want to build a credit history. I'm on the electoral roll, I'm a student with an income of 6600 a year, but I have no credit history. I've only been in the country for 6 months.

Comments

• Try Vanquis and Aqua. If they won't have you, I doubt anyone else will.
  • I can't fill in the online application form because it requires 3 year address history in the UK, and I only have 6 months. Even though their websites say if you're new to the UK then signup for their cards.

I used this site's calculator that tells you how likely you are to be accepted and it gave me a bunch of 90% chances. But as I said I can't fill in the forms, not that I was rejected.
  • Try Vanquis and Aqua. If they won't have you, I doubt anyone else will.

I suspect that Bob981 already has.
    Bob981 wrote: »
    ...aqua, vanquis and luma...
    Are you for real? - Glass Half Empty??
    :coffee:
  • Give them a ring see if they can help on the phone
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income