We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Aid to help stop overspending.

Options
Hello.

I don't know if this is allowed but I wanted to let you know about something that has helped me stop overspending each month.

I was really bad at overspending as I didnt keep checking my bank account to see how much money I had after spending.

I therefore created myself an app for the android market. I now set myself a spend limit that I can afford each month and stick to it. Everytime I spend I go into the app and it takes seconds to type the amount and see what I have left.

There were apps of this type already but every one I downloaded asked for info every time I spent money and it took to long. This app is more simple and very quick to use.

I have not overspent since I made this app. Try it and see if it works for you. The app is free and is called SpendTracker2 (there is a SpendTracker1 but I couldn't get the statements to work). Challenge yourslef for a couple of months and see if you can keep your spending in the green. I even managed to save.

Comments

• gettingtheresometime
    Options
    bowster wrote: »
    Hello.

I don't know if this is allowed but I wanted to let you know about something that has helped me stop overspending each month.

I was really bad at overspending as I didnt keep checking my bank account to see how much money I had after spending.

I therefore created myself an app for the android market. I now set myself a spend limit that I can afford each month and stick to it. Everytime I spend I go into the app and it takes seconds to type the amount and see what I have left.

There were apps of this type already but every one I downloaded asked for info every time I spent money and it took to long. This app is more simple and very quick to use.

I have not overspent since I made this app. Try it and see if it works for you. The app is free and is called SpendTracker2 (there is a SpendTracker1 but I couldn't get the statements to work). Challenge yourslef for a couple of months and see if you can keep your spending in the green. I even managed to save.

I use an app called true budget.

You can input your income and debits, noting the frequency of each and it will tell you your daily spend limit to the next time a credit is due.

any expenditure more or less than this daily limit will obviously affect the amount you can spend for the rest of the period and I've found this app very good for focusing the mind!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure