defaults

Options
Hi I'm hoping for some advice please. I've recently got a copy of my equifax report as I need to apply for a mortgage. There are several defaults on there which I know nothing about. I believe they were taken out in my name by my ex who I split up with last year after a long period of domestic abuse. Can anyone tell me the best way to deal with this as I don't know where to start. Since some of the defaults are with collection agencies I don't even know who the debt is with. Any advice much appreciated.

Comments

• Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Contact the police.
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    could be hard since as you partner may have had access to all the personal information needed to get credit in your name. may be hard to prove or give enough doubt that it wasnt actually you

start disputing them explaining situation and get a crime numebr

then go from there
  • barnez
    barnez Posts: 32 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I rang the police but they didn't seem too interested as I had no real details. I would add that my ex has previously done time for fraud, obtaining goods and property by deception amongst other things.
  • nottoolate
    nottoolate Posts: 1,359 Forumite
    Options
    report here to get a crime numebr http://www.actionfraud.police.uk
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business