We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Section 75 claim rejected by CC Co and Ombudsman adjudicator, Appeal timescale

If wrong forum please let me know.
I made a Section 75 claim against Tesco which was rejected. I appealed to the Ombudsman and their adjudicator also rejected my claim.


I was advised that I could ask for this to be reviewed by an actual Ombudsman. I was given 14 days to ask for a review and supply any additional info, or to advise if I could not meet the 14 day deadline.


I've advised that I want a review but would not be able to supply the additional information in the 14 days. I have been given an additional 10 days from the original deadline.


I still don't believe that this is sufficient time to fully put together my case.


I can't see anywhere about such time restrictions on supplying the additional information.


Does anyone have any knowledge about time limitations on supplying additional information for a review ?


Thanks
«1

Comments

  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 11,776 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    You really need to explain what your S75 was over, why the bank rejected it, why the Adjudicator rejected it and what additional information you are expecting to bring to the case that isn't readily available in 3 weeks given the time scale of this complaint

    Sam Vimes' Boots Theory of Socioeconomic Unfairness: 

    People are rich because they spend less money. A poor man buys $10 boots that last a season or two before he's walking in wet shoes and has to buy another pair. A rich man buys $50 boots that are made better and give him 10 years of dry feet. The poor man has spent $100 over those 10 years and still has wet feet.

  • What was the basis of your claim?

    You do know you can sue Tesco?
  • g6jns_2
    g6jns_2 Posts: 1,214 Forumite
    lewisdp wrote: »
    If wrong forum please let me know.
    I made a Section 75 claim against Tesco which was rejected. I appealed to the Ombudsman and their adjudicator also rejected my claim.


    I was advised that I could ask for this to be reviewed by an actual Ombudsman. I was given 14 days to ask for a review and supply any additional info, or to advise if I could not meet the 14 day deadline.


    I've advised that I want a review but would not be able to supply the additional information in the 14 days. I have been given an additional 10 days from the original deadline.


    I still don't believe that this is sufficient time to fully put together my case.


    I can't see anywhere about such time restrictions on supplying the additional information.


    Does anyone have any knowledge about time limitations on supplying additional information for a review ?


    Thanks
    If the Ombudsman rejected your claim then it probably a lost cause. Perhaps better to draw a line and move on.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    If you've been involved with this for long enough for both Tesco and the Adjudicator to consider and reject your complaint and you've been given 24 days since then I can't see why your case wasn't ready to go on day 1 of the 24. The only viable reason is that in reality you don't have a good case, and you're now wondering what you can do to add to it to make it look better.
  • Claim is for repair to failed gearbox / clutch.
    After repair (parts of gearbox) failed again within 24 hours, returned to garage, who bled the clutch. Again failed next time tried to use. Taken to another garage as lost all faith in original. Diagnosed clutch fault (is an integral part of gearbox so should have been diagnosed originally). Tesco rejected as no breach of contract - verbal contract was to repair the fault.
    Ombudsman accept verbal contract, but believe that garage carried out work with reasonable care and skill so rejected claim.
    Garage (supposed clutch & gearbox specialist) has closed down, various negative comments on web about them, lots of info on web about similar problems with this particular gearbox.


    What I'm looking for is info on the timescale for putting together all this additional information we're finding.
  • lynz68
    lynz68 Posts: 323 Forumite
    I think the timescale they have given you is more than generous. You can't search the internet indefinitely to support your claim. Regarding the garage other people's personal opinions are not evidence. Your evidence has to support your personal claim. If you can provide info that their is a genuine fault with the part you may have a claim but surely that would be against the manufacturer of the part not the garage that did the work. Did they do a mass recall for example as a result of this known fault if not may be hard to prove.
  • The problem is a common one out of warranty. The claim is against the repair not being carried out properly, not for the initial failure


    What I'm trying to clarify is the timescale for supplying further info to the Ombudsman.
  • If Tesco have ruled against you and the Ombudsman has ruled against you and the garage is no longer trading you are left with one option - sue Tesco cards.
    Why do you not issue court papers to see if they change their stance - after all you do seem to think you have a 100% case right?
  • chanz4
    chanz4 Posts: 11,057 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    vw box by any chance?
    Don't put your trust into an Experian score - it is not a number any bank will ever use & it is generally a waste of money to purchase it. They are also selling you insurance you dont need.
  • agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    lewisdp wrote: »

    What I'm trying to clarify is the timescale for supplying further info to the Ombudsman.

    The Ombudsman has given you 24 days, how much more clarity do you need? If you need more than that to gather the information to make your case it's hardly surprising that it's already been rejected twice.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.