Do HMRC pay interest on overpaid tax

I retired on 21/4/14 accepting voluntary redundancy and paid over £6000 in income tax on the excess over £30000.I am receiving £9000 per annum occupational pension and this is my only income.I contacted HMRC to reclaim overpaid tax explaining what my taxable income for 2014/2015 would be and could I have rebate of overpaid tax of over £3000.They refused but at least stopped taxing my pension.Am I entitled to interest when I eventually get this overpaid tax back after April 6th 2015 as they will have had most of my money for at least a year?


This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards