We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Deposit for Private Rental
mikemcg93
Posts: 1 Newbie
Hi
I am currently receiving ESA and have been staying with my cousin for the last few months but her and her partner have split up and I have nowhere to go. I am staying with various friends and family at the moment. I have found a property which would be covered by housing benefits but I don't have the deposit. Is there anything I can do? The deposit, administration fee and application fee add up to £912.
Please help its urgent
I am currently receiving ESA and have been staying with my cousin for the last few months but her and her partner have split up and I have nowhere to go. I am staying with various friends and family at the moment. I have found a property which would be covered by housing benefits but I don't have the deposit. Is there anything I can do? The deposit, administration fee and application fee add up to £912.
Please help its urgent
0
Comments
-
If you are homeless (ie. do not have a legal right to occupy accommodation) then you should visit your local council for advice and make a homeless application.
Depending on your circumstances they have, at the very least, an obligation to give you help/support even if you do not qualify for social housing.
There are different schemes available such as Deposit Bond Scheme/Discretionary Housing Payment from the council but you need advice as to the order in which you apply.
Google your local council + homelessness to find out what help is available.
CAB may also help.
Good luck!0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards