We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Child tax credit
Doc_flash
Posts: 5 Forumite
Hi there, just have a question regarding child tax credits.
I am wondering if it makes any difference which parent applies for this?
My wife works part-time (24hrs/wk) at a care home for the elderly and I work full time (35hrs/wk) in IT, would it make any difference which one of us applies? I know both of us have to provide our information for it but wondering who should be the main applicant.
Obviously I pay more tax and wondering if it would be 'better' if I was the main applicant or not?
Many thanks for your help.
I am wondering if it makes any difference which parent applies for this?
My wife works part-time (24hrs/wk) at a care home for the elderly and I work full time (35hrs/wk) in IT, would it make any difference which one of us applies? I know both of us have to provide our information for it but wondering who should be the main applicant.
Obviously I pay more tax and wondering if it would be 'better' if I was the main applicant or not?
Many thanks for your help.
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards