We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
JSA Questions?
beth.stephenson2009
Posts: 220 Forumite
Just made an application online for JSA today and have a few questions:
1. I'm currently volunteering full time between 2 charity shops. Do I need anything from them to confirm this?
2. I have previously claimed JSA- last payment date was last June; because i'm a previous claimant does this mean the claims will link? Or will it start as a fresh claim?
3. How long does it take to get paid? My initial interview is next Monday- will I be paid from today or from then, or from my first sign on?
4. What do I take to my initial appointment- again do I need anything to show i'm volunteering?
1. I'm currently volunteering full time between 2 charity shops. Do I need anything from them to confirm this?
2. I have previously claimed JSA- last payment date was last June; because i'm a previous claimant does this mean the claims will link? Or will it start as a fresh claim?
3. How long does it take to get paid? My initial interview is next Monday- will I be paid from today or from then, or from my first sign on?
4. What do I take to my initial appointment- again do I need anything to show i'm volunteering?
0
Comments
-
Oh also- someone told me today that i'll be restricted to volunteering for 16 hours. And someone else has told me this has recently changed and I can volunteer as much as I like.
How flexible are the job centre with fitting in appointments around volunteering? I get it has to come first but will they be willing to give me early/late appointments because of it ?0 -
Yes your jsa will be linked as they will store the same details they did for mine despite a few year gap.
It takes three days after signing to be paid but you may be given another appointment to attend to actually sign. The initial one is to start off your claim and check details.
When you applied for it online it would have listed what you need to take but usually I'd, bank details, any payslips but won't be needed for you.
They may ask you to reduce hours as volunteering full time will prevent you from taking employment if needed ASAP. Only they will tell you. Bit of advice have an idea of what work your looking for so they can chnage it on your profile. It will save the last jobs you were looking for. Maybe take a cv but they may ask to email to advisor or upload on ujm. If you have any disabilities that may restrict you from certain activities in employment tell them and they may get a dea after a while to help you. Inform them how you travel as that can Impact on locality of jobs you need to apply for.Mortgage free wannabe
Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150
Starting balance £66,565.45
Current balance £53,769
Cc 1k at 0 percent0 -
They may have to fill in paper form as they did with me as online didn't work at that time.Mortgage free wannabe
Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150
Starting balance £66,565.45
Current balance £53,769
Cc 1k at 0 percent0 -
Indeed volunteering full time will limit your ability to spend a gazillion hours a week looking for work as claimants seem to be required to do these days.
And, judging from what people have said on here, you fit round them so far as signing on is concerned, not the reverse.0 -
bump
bump
bump0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards