We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

What should i do with my cards?

2»

Comments

  • SamGR wrote: »
    Stay with Barclaycard, by far the best credit card provider. Call them up and see what they can offer you. They normally have excellent deals.

    Sam



    How are Barclaycard by far the best credit card provider?


    I would say there are far better providers in terms of offers, perks and service.
  • To the OP I would say there is no need to cancel any of the three cards as three credit cards plus your overall exposure to credit (depending on salary) does not seem excessively high.


    Having a number of cards can be beneficial as there will often be existing customer offers for example Halifax seem to have a permanent balance transfer offer for me when I log onto my online banking with them.


    I would maybe see if you can upgrade either the Barclaycard or the Halifax card for something more rewarding but would not cancel any of them outright at this stage.
  • Mr_Goodkat wrote: »
    To the OP I would say there is no need to cancel any of the three cards as three credit cards plus your overall exposure to credit (depending on salary) does not seem excessively high.


    Having a number of cards can be beneficial as there will often be existing customer offers for example Halifax seem to have a permanent balance transfer offer for me when I log onto my online banking with them.


    I would maybe see if you can upgrade either the Barclaycard or the Halifax card for something more rewarding but would not cancel any of them outright at this stage.

    OK thanks. I thought three may be pushing it as I also have a couple other lines of credit - interest free payment plans, one being a couch. Not sure if that makes a difference.
  • SamGR
    SamGR Posts: 55 Forumite
    Mr_Goodkat wrote: »
    How are Barclaycard by far the best credit card provider?


    I would say there are far better providers in terms of offers, perks and service.


    Yes but from the information the OP has given, Barclaycard seem to offer the best deals at that sort of spending. if op is spending higher then of course i would suggest other providers.
  • SamGR wrote: »
    Yes but from the information the OP has given, Barclaycard seem to offer the best deals at that sort of spending. if op is spending higher then of course i would suggest other providers.

    What sort of things do they offer that others don't? And do you think I should close the other two and just keep the Barclaycard? If I swap it, will it continue as being open for years?
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.