CreditExpert application

Options
Hi, I tried to sign up to the 30 free day trial for CreditExpert but was told they were unable to verify my identity. I was wondering what could be the reason for this, as I am on the electoral role, I've lived at my address for over 20 years and have no reason for any CIFAS flags on my account or anything like that. I had no problems signing up to CheckMyFile. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas, or is it just CreditExpert being extra cautious?

Thanks

Comments

• Experian_company_representative
    Experian_company_representative Posts: 2,134 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Sunshine87,

Thanks for trying CreditExpert!

Due to the sensitive nature of the information held on a credit report, we do have strict security checks before giving access to an online report.

If we can't fully identify an individual at an address, as an added security measure, we send a letter containing a Personal Identification Number (PIN) to your current address following the application.

In some cases we will need further documentation sent to us before we are able to send the PIN.

I hope you understand that we do this to keep your information secure.

Kind Regards
    Neil
    Official Company Representative
    I am an official company representative of Experian. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"

Posts by James Jones, Neil Stone, Stuart Storey & Joe Standen
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport