We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
WCA Audio?
tazwhoever
Posts: 1,326 Forumite
I filled in ESA50 and sent off but didn't mention anything about my WCA being audio recorded. Do I get a chance to mention this when I get a letter from ATOS about the date of WCA?
Thanks
Thanks
0
Comments
-
Hi there,
I think you should have mentioned this on the form but not to worry...
To my knowledge it is not a legal right to have your f2f assessment audio recorded however all requests will be accommodated where possible, you must give the DWP/ATOS notice of this though otherwise they can refuse. You must also inform them about your intentions for example whether you plan to use your own recording equipment or are requesting to use theirs. Please note that if you are planning to use you own equipment it must meet specific requirements so you may wish to speak with ATOS/DWP in regards to this. Otherwise if you plan to use theirs, you should contact them asap to make this request as they do require advance requests. You should also know that this could delay your WCA further although it will not affect you entitlement in any way.
I hope this is helpful.
Have a good day0 -
Check out this publication, it explains everything to do with the process of WCA audio recording.
Its called Audio policy_Information_for_Claimants_FAQ. You can find it on the gov.uk website under the publications section. Unfortunately I'm unable to post the link as I'm a new member0 -
Audio equipment isn't widely available so people who request this do find themselves either waiting longer for the assessment or being refused on the grounds of availability you will need to call them as waiting for the appointment to come through only to have to cancel is pointless.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards