We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Declined by MBNA
hannah_
Posts: 2 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hello,
I'm after a bit of advice please...
I currently have a Santander Credit Card that I wanted to transfer the balance to a 0% credit card. After using the eligibility checker on this website it came back with a 90% acceptance rate for the MBNA credit card.
I passed their initial checks and went onto apply... however I have now been declined for the credit card.
Using equifax my credit score is 'good' so i'm unsure of what the problem could be.
I'm after a bit of advice please...
I currently have a Santander Credit Card that I wanted to transfer the balance to a 0% credit card. After using the eligibility checker on this website it came back with a 90% acceptance rate for the MBNA credit card.
I passed their initial checks and went onto apply... however I have now been declined for the credit card.
Using equifax my credit score is 'good' so i'm unsure of what the problem could be.
0
Comments
-
You don't meet their criteria. Simple as that. It could be that they consider you have a high level of debt. It could be that 'good' on Equifax is not good enough. You could appeal, or try another provider.0
-
The eligibility checker said you had a 90% chance not a 100% chance of being accepted. That does mean that 10% of people with similar circumstances to you get declined. Unfortunately you were in that 10%.0
-
Ok thank you for your help guys, i'll take a look at another lender and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for taking the time to reply.0
-
Ok thank you for your help guys, i'll take a look at another lender and keep my fingers crossed. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
You should call them and inquire. I have in the past and just speaking to someone can help clear up questions / or they may offer you a lower credit limit on your card.0 -
To be fair, a few people on here have written to 'x' company to appeal, and a week or so later have received the card they applied for in the first place. "Computer says no" doesn't always mean no.0
-
Using equifax my credit score is 'good' so i'm unsure of what the problem could be.
Unfortunately that score is irrelevant as lenders score you themselves. Existing debt and available credit facilities are common reasons for decline. Credit card lending like mortgages, then pay day lending is coming under the regulatory spotlight. So some finance companies are beginning to tighten down.0 -
-
To be fair, a few people on here have written to 'x' company to appeal, and a week or so later have received the card they applied for in the first place. "Computer says no" doesn't always mean no.
That's why I suggested the OP appeal. It's swings and roundabouts. I appealed to Halifax - was successful. Appealed to Santander - declined. Worth a punt, IMO.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards