Abbey/Santander & Credit Reference Agencies

Options
I'm in the process of a house purchase and my mortgage has been approved by Abbey and offer letter has been received.

I have checked all three credit reference agency reports and can see Abbey/Santander completed a search on Experian only.

I own 5 credit cards in total, all with zero balances - Tesco, RBS/Mint, Barclaycard, Natwest & MBNA but for some reason only Tesco credit card is listed on the Experian report. All 5 cards are detailed on Equifax and Callcredit. I know some lenders report to different agencies but is this normal?

My main question; I understand the dangers of doing this but I may need to use a cash transfer on the Barclaycard and NBNA cards to pull together the money for the fees associated with the house purchase. I'm aware mortgage lenders will often do a second credit search near completion which could raise alarm bells, but will Abbey use the same agency Experian or could they go to one of the others? My thought being, as long as i don't use the Tesco card then the Experian report will not show up usage on the other credit cards.

Thanks

Comments

• actionjackson
    Options
    Do I need to move this to the Mortgage section?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm in the process of a house purchase and my mortgage has been approved by Abbey and offer letter has been received.

Then why the concern. The lender has performed the checks it deems necessary to issue an offer. As matters currently stand. Only changes post will result in a withdrawl of the offer.
  • actionjackson
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Then why the concern. The lender has performed the checks it deems necessary to issue an offer. As matters currently stand. Only changes post will result in a withdrawl of the offer.

Because I may need to do a cash transfer on the Barclaycard and NBNA cards post the mortgage offer and before completion. From my research lenders often do a second credit search pre-completion and i wondered if they would use Experian again?
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    From my research lenders often do a second credit search pre-completion and i wondered if they would use Experian again?

Highly likely. As takes a matter of minutes to recheck now.
  • actionjackson
    Options
    Thrugelmir wrote: »
    Highly likely. As takes a matter of minutes to recheck now.

Thanks. Do you think it's likely they will look at the other CRA?
  • jasonl76
    Options
    Some lenders let you add the fees to the mortgage have you checked.
    If you could borrow money for fees off friends or family to be on the safe side, but if not you just have to go for it. I think they would take fees into consideration when doing affordability checks, probably be ok.
    Good luck
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport