We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Vanquis application
JoeyD883
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hi all,
So this morning I have applied for a Vanquis Credit Card and they said due to the info I provided they would contact me in 10-14 working days.
I am just 18 like a month ago and want to build up my credit, on my Birthday I took out a sim only contract with 3 and got accepted. But I think pretty much anyone can get 3 sim only.
I have always been with Nationwide but they don't have a local branch and I have had a joint account with my partner with them since I was 16 and my own current account too.
I have to pay in cash every week from my wages but I have to put it through my partners account and then transfer it to ours.
So I wanna switch and will be doing so on Wednesday, has anyone had any experiences with HSBC or TSB
Thanks for the help
Joe
So this morning I have applied for a Vanquis Credit Card and they said due to the info I provided they would contact me in 10-14 working days.
I am just 18 like a month ago and want to build up my credit, on my Birthday I took out a sim only contract with 3 and got accepted. But I think pretty much anyone can get 3 sim only.
I have always been with Nationwide but they don't have a local branch and I have had a joint account with my partner with them since I was 16 and my own current account too.
I have to pay in cash every week from my wages but I have to put it through my partners account and then transfer it to ours.
So I wanna switch and will be doing so on Wednesday, has anyone had any experiences with HSBC or TSB
Thanks for the help
Joe
0
Comments
-
I personally would avoid hsbc like the plague. Horrible bank to deal with if you ever have problems, every complaint I have had with the(2 in 7 years, with a third currently ongoing) has ended up at the ombudsman as they only send stock replies..£4142.49/ £131,795.91 - 3.14% paid off or only £129,608.80 to go!
Debt free by Xmas 2015: #182 £1955.38/£4435.51 (44.08%)
MFW: Opening Balance: £108,297.91 Original MF Date: June 2042
Current Balance: £106600.27 Estimated MF Date: Dec 2033
Proud to be dealing with my debts0 -
vanquis, aqua and capital one all provide credit building accounts, with vanquis when i applied recently, they will call you up confirm a few details and say you are accepted.
as long as you haven't lied about income or anything im sure youll be fine. my first was with capital one...
dont forget to always pay off in full, interest rates on these cards are crazy high.0 -
TSB Classic Plus will pay 5% interest if you meet the pay-in criteria.
Slightly confused as to why you used to pay your money into your partners account and then into the joint account though? Don't you keep any money in your own bank accounts, but your partner does?...Credit 'Score' - Don't buy the credit 'score' that Experian, Equifax and Noddle want to sell you. It's an arbitrary number that means nothing when it comes to applying for credit.
ALWAYS HAVE A DIRECT DEBIT SET UP FOR THE MINIMUM PAYMENT ON YOUR CREDIT CARDS, REGARDLESS OF WHETHER YOU PLAN TO LOGIN AND PAY EACH MONTH.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards