We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
MBNA credit card help
Eonca
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hi All,
Need some help with the below credit card I am looking to set up. I'm looking to borrow £3000 and transfer it to my current account to buy a car. Am I correct in thinking that it will be a fixed 4% fee for the transfer?
What will the minimum monthly repayments be on £3000?
Would I be able to pay the loan off early if I wanted to?
MBNA platinum credit card
Is this the best option to go for considering that I will be able to pay this amount off within 24 months?
Is there anything which I am missing? I have asked these questions directly with MBNA but no response yet.
Thanks
Need some help with the below credit card I am looking to set up. I'm looking to borrow £3000 and transfer it to my current account to buy a car. Am I correct in thinking that it will be a fixed 4% fee for the transfer?
What will the minimum monthly repayments be on £3000?
Would I be able to pay the loan off early if I wanted to?
MBNA platinum credit card
Is this the best option to go for considering that I will be able to pay this amount off within 24 months?
Is there anything which I am missing? I have asked these questions directly with MBNA but no response yet.
Thanks
0
Comments
-
If you pick the wrong Platinum card, yes. However, if you pick the right Platinum card it'll be 1.94%.Am I correct in thinking that it will be a fixed 4% fee for the transfer?
That's answered on their website. See the summary box and/or the FAQ.What will the minimum monthly repayments be on £3000?
It's not a loan, it's a credit card. The answer is yes.Would I be able to pay the loan off early if I wanted to?
Which one? See above re the fees.MBNA platinum credit card
If you pick the right Platinum card, probably yes.Is this the best option to go for considering that I will be able to pay this amount off within 24 months?
Sounds like you probably haven't spent a lot of time on their website reading up on the product, so almost certainly yes.Is there anything which I am missing?
A circa £3,200 limit (necessary for a £3K money transfer) might be a big ask for someone who hasn't had a credit card before. Making an assumption here, because if you had you'd know where to find the information on minimum payment calculation, ie in the product summary box.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards