We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Capital One CC / Tesco Pay At Pump
Frugalfred1
Posts: 5 Forumite
in Credit cards
just thought I'd share this as I had a problem using my CO credit card at tesco's petrol pump recently.
It turns out that the Tesco petrol pumps won't accept payment from a CO credit card- instead you have to go inside and pay.
Shame really as I wanted to do the thing where you get extra clubcard points for using your Tesco CC as a clubcard and then paying on a different credit card.
It turns out that the Tesco petrol pumps won't accept payment from a CO credit card- instead you have to go inside and pay.
Shame really as I wanted to do the thing where you get extra clubcard points for using your Tesco CC as a clubcard and then paying on a different credit card.
0
Comments
-
Frugalfred1 wrote: »just thought I'd share this as I had a problem using my CO credit card at tesco's petrol pump recently.
It turns out that the Tesco petrol pumps won't accept payment from a CO credit card- instead you have to go inside and pay.
Shame really as I wanted to do the thing where you get extra clubcard points for using your Tesco CC as a clubcard and then paying on a different credit card.
You can still get the extra points paying in the kiosk.0 -
Thank you for that - for some reason I had in my head that the trick only worked if you paid at the pump!
0 -
It accepts the Luma by Cap1 card though.

I posted this last year re Asda but they have fixed it. https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/4986035
Tesco must know as they have semi sorted it in that the pump does not now need rebooting to clear the lock, it clears itself.Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
I don't have any problems with my Capital One cashback card with paying at the pump.0
-
You're lucky that they accept anything. My local Tesco can't use their pay at pump at all. The system crashes when anyone uses a Tesco credit card. lmao0
-
Pay at the pump at my local tesco does not accept my TSB platinum debit card, but will accept my TSB classic debit card
- Its a bit of a bummer when i take the wrong debit card out with me (never used to be a problem when the platinum card was silver but now both cards are blue- easily confused) Finally dealing with debt: 01.01.2015 -£10,562.:(
01.02.15-£8820 01.03.15-£8066 01.04.15 £7036 01.05.2015- 6128 01.06.15 £4957
Pay ALL your debt off by Xmas 2015! #59- £5605/[STRIKE]£10,562[/STRIKE] 53%
2015: Sell £1000 #69 £510.97/1000
Virtual sealed pot challenge #24 £32.19/£3000
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
