We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Partnership Credit Card
thomas20
Posts: 36 Forumite
in Credit cards
Hello, I applied yesterday for the Partnership Credit Card from John Lewis & Waitrose.
I received a call today and was asked questions and then got told I was approved for the card, it's the first card I've had with a rate under 20% APR!
What I wanted to know is what are they like as a credit card company I did search the forum but can't get much info, just from years ago.
Does it take long to get the card? Is it still issued by HSBC as its not clear from there website.
Any experiences would be appreciated thanks!
I received a call today and was asked questions and then got told I was approved for the card, it's the first card I've had with a rate under 20% APR!
What I wanted to know is what are they like as a credit card company I did search the forum but can't get much info, just from years ago.
Does it take long to get the card? Is it still issued by HSBC as its not clear from there website.
Any experiences would be appreciated thanks!
0
Comments
-
All CCs are the same except the rates, fees, charges and rewards (if any) - this is the only what really matters to you.
Instead of counting days and trying to find out what bank issues the card, check the Summary Box and the T&C: http://www.partnershipcard.co.uk/content/pscd/homepage/find-out-more.html#summary0 -
Hello, I applied yesterday for the Partnership Credit Card from John Lewis & Waitrose.
What I wanted to know is what are they like as a credit card company I did search the forum but can't get much info, just from years ago.
They are the same as any other CC company. Keep within your limit, make at least the min payment on time, you will pay interest but no fees.
Or better still.....
Keep within your limit, pay in full on time every month, you will pay no interest or fees.0 -
I plan to pay in full every month, I wonder if the process from signing the agreement to receiving the card will be long..0
-
If you pay the balance in full a card with 15% APR is no better than the one with 80%, so it makes no sense to hold your breath waiting for it to arrive.0
-
I do understand that, but its good to know the rate is lower if I wasn't able to pay in full for whatever reason.0
-
As everyone else has said, it's pretty much the same as most other cards. If I remember right mine took a couple of weeks from acceptance to card and pin.
HSBC issued, UK call centre, basic online interface. Website is ok for making payments or looking at statements but if (for example) you want to setup a direct debit then you need to ring them to get a form sent by post which seems a bit archaic.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards
