Lloyds - want to talk, what to expect?

Options
I wrote a letter to Lloyds last week asking to claim back charges I incurred after university and waiting to start my new job, the job hasn't been as well paid and I have struggled a bit for the last few months so requested charges back based on hardship (which isn't a lie!). Just got a phonecall from my branch asking me to come in with a SoA to discuss. Have to say that the thought of it makes me nervous, anyone else had this with Lloyds? I am due a substantial pay rise in a couple of months and hubby has just had one, have also managed to reduce a lot of my outgoings etc so I feel like I am doing everything I can to improve things.

Any advice would much appreciated!
Barclaycard [strike]£2750[/strike]/£2600 Lloyds CC [strike]£598[/strike]/£598
Littlewoods [strike]£285.17[/strike]/£0 :T Next [strike]£586[/strike]/£370
First Direct OD £240 Lloyds OD £100
Debt Free Wannabe - LBM 1/2/15 Total [STRIKE]4559[/STRIKE]/3908 14.3%

Comments

• Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They probably just want to flog you a loan, credit card or try consolidate your debt(s) if you have any. It's more of a sales-spin than a "we care" kinda thing. No big deal.
  • Positively
    Options
    Thank you Spanx :) I rang them (eek!), went through my income and expenditure, they did indeed offer me a consolidation loan but I insisted that taking on more debt was not going to help my situation (especially as they couldn't tell me what the APR would be) and couldn't they refund some charges to help? So they have agreed to refund some to put me in the black, cover my credit card bill and have waived any charges due next month.

I'm feeling much more on top of things so if I am really careful I'm confident I won't have pay any ever again :).

Thanks MSE!!!!! :T
    Barclaycard [strike]£2750[/strike]/£2600 Lloyds CC [strike]£598[/strike]/£598
    Littlewoods [strike]£285.17[/strike]/£0 :T Next [strike]£586[/strike]/£370
    First Direct OD £240 Lloyds OD £100
    Debt Free Wannabe - LBM 1/2/15 Total [STRIKE]4559[/STRIKE]/3908 14.3%
  • Sparx
    Sparx Posts: 909 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good to hear, best of luck. :)
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,827 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Positively wrote: »
    Thank you Spanx :) I rang them (eek!), went through my income and expenditure, they did indeed offer me a consolidation loan but I insisted that taking on more debt was not going to help my situation (especially as they couldn't tell me what the APR would be) and couldn't they refund some charges to help? So they have agreed to refund some to put me in the black, cover my credit card bill and have waived any charges due next month.

I'm feeling much more on top of things so if I am really careful I'm confident I won't have pay any ever again :).

Thanks MSE!!!!! :T
    Your response from the bank is typical of current hardship requests and what they should do to help out customers who are experiencing issues.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure