Drayton manor annual pass. Is is worth it

Options
We live in Nottingham. We have a merlin pass due to expire in 2 weeks. We have twinlakes and wheelgate passes due to expire too. My son turns 4 in couple of weeks and we thought of trying another annual pass to a theme park not too far away.
I have had a look at Drayton Manor. It's not too far.
They do a half yearly pass for £60.
I wondered what people's thoughts were on the park, for family with a 4 year old. I know my son loves Thomas. I know it could be busy in holidays but he doesn't go to school till September so I am quite happy to take him on quieter days.

Thanks

Comments

• bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 12 February 2015 at 6:56PM
    Options
    Or they do an annual toddler pass for £30.

1 adult and 1 under 5 entry weekdays - though not through June/July - but it is heaving then with school trips, so I'd avoid like the plague.

http://draytonmanor.co.uk/tickets-and-prices/ultimatetoddlerpass

Free parking with the pass too. Cheap enough for free entry until May IMO.

The zoo there is quite engaging, as well as Thomas Land and some of the other rides across the park. Plus they have an amazingly large outdoor play area which you reach by travelling on Thomas - or walking through the zoo if you prefer. They also have an indoor soft play area, so lots to do if the weather is poor.

Wish they'd had this toddler pass when mine were little - I thought I was getting a bargain getting £12 toddler tickets when I fancied taking my littlies.
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    bylromarha wrote: »
    Or they do an annual toddler pass for £30.

1 adult and 1 under 5 entry weekdays - though not through June/July - but it is heaving then with school trips, so I'd avoid like the plague.

http://draytonmanor.co.uk/tickets-and-prices/ultimatetoddlerpass

Free parking with the pass too. Cheap enough for free entry until May IMO.

The zoo there is quite engaging, as well as Thomas Land and some of the other rides across the park. Plus they have an amazingly large outdoor play area which you reach by travelling on Thomas - or walking through the zoo if you prefer. They also have an indoor soft play area, so lots to do if the weather is poor.

Wish they'd had this toddler pass when mine were little - I thought I was getting a bargain getting £12 toddler tickets when I fancied taking my littlies.

I think the toddler pass is for 2-3 year olds. He is 4 in March so is this not being a bit cheeky. I plan to take him term time on my own and then with dad odd weekends. He may take the odd day off and go on odd days too. I don't mind it being busy some days as we did Legoland and alton towers several time last year during holidays and weekends. Just thought the half year pass would be enough as he starts school in September. Thanks for your thoughts. We just want somewhere different to play this's year. I appreciate your comments thanks
  • bylromarha
    bylromarha Posts: 10,085 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Webpage is very clear that your 4 year old is part of the deal

"*Terms and Conditions - Ultimate Toddler Pass (£30)
    Valid Monday to Friday during Staffordshire term time only, not valid weekends or Bank Holidays - 2014 - 1st -30th September, 1st - 24th October. 2015 - 16th - 30th April, 1st - 22nd May, 1st - 30th June, 1st - 17th July. Not Valid during Drayton’s Magical Christmas. One named adult and one named child under the age of 5 years only. (Photographed ID will be created on day of purchase) Not to be used in conjunction with another offer or promotion."
    Who made hogs and dogs and frogs?
  • paul2louise
    paul2louise Posts: 2,426 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I decided to get a std season pass for us all (hubby and I and my son). That way we can all go at weekends as well as my son and I during the week. I bought it before he was 4 so he is half price.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure