We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Credit cards perks
rising_from_the_ashes
Posts: 12,433 Forumite
in Credit cards
Anyone know any cards with good perks around atm?
I have a barclaycard (which I've had for years) but I get a bit fed up of not getting any perks with it (no cashback, points, money off etc) and wonder if I'm missing out
It's usually cleared in full each month but can have the odd month of having a balance - and the interest is huge when this happens, something else I'd like to address if poss!
Limit is quite large (increasing to £7.5k in March) and I'd like to keep it at a decent level
Credit rating is good - took car finance last summer but it was cleared before Christmas
I realise it might be an idea to wait a couple of months so that's def showing as cleared on my credit report (and also as it went onto the c/card - again now cleared - I realise that if the finance co is slow to update & the c/card is pretty quick, then it could look like I've loads of outstanding credit)
TIA
I have a barclaycard (which I've had for years) but I get a bit fed up of not getting any perks with it (no cashback, points, money off etc) and wonder if I'm missing out
It's usually cleared in full each month but can have the odd month of having a balance - and the interest is huge when this happens, something else I'd like to address if poss!
Limit is quite large (increasing to £7.5k in March) and I'd like to keep it at a decent level
Credit rating is good - took car finance last summer but it was cleared before Christmas
I realise it might be an idea to wait a couple of months so that's def showing as cleared on my credit report (and also as it went onto the c/card - again now cleared - I realise that if the finance co is slow to update & the c/card is pretty quick, then it could look like I've loads of outstanding credit)
TIA
Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
2016 Sell: £125/£250
£1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
2016 Sell: £125/£250
£1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
Debt free & determined to stay that way!
Debt free & determined to stay that way!
0
Comments
-
You did check MSE articles, didn't you?0
-
I did look under the 'cards loans' tab but I don't need 0% or balance transfers etc which seemed to be most of the stuff there
Should I be looking somewhere else? TIAGrocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
2016 Sell: £125/£250
£1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
Debt free & determined to stay that way!0 -
-
Perks and low interest when you don't clear the balance don't usually go together.rising_from_the_ashes wrote: »Anyone know any cards with good perks around atm?
...
It's usually cleared in full each month but can have the odd month of having a balance - and the interest is huge when this happens, something else I'd like to address if poss!loose does not rhyme with choose but lose does and is the word you meant to write.0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards