IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Eye County Court Claim

Options
Help!
Once in August and once in October of 2014 i parked in Morrisons car park whilst i went to watch football. The signs stated that on match days max stay 1hr 30mins. The previous season i had parked there loads of times and not ever had a ticket.
I read on forums that these fines were not enforceable so i ignored them and ignored all subsequent requests for payment.
Today i have received a Claim Form from the County Court Business Centre. Total payable £245!

I have read advice that says DO NOT INGORE and to fight the claim.
How would i do this? i knew i was in the wrong when parking and i have ignored all letters for months. Can i still fight the claim? I am a student and really can not afford to pay the £245. I just don't know what to do for the best.

Advice greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Comments

• pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Get yourself into the Parking Tickets Forum and start by reading the Newbies Sticky - Post 5 deals with fighting court claims. Then if this thread isn't moved, start your own thread in that forum for more detailed help and advice.
  • zaax
    zaax Posts: 1,910 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    The above may be already proceed by case law, go to parking prankster.
    Do you want your money back, and a bit more, search for 'money claim online' - They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring
  • nwilson79
    Options
    Sorry i thought i was in the parking tickets forum. I will have a look there now. Thanks
  • Crabman
    Crabman Posts: 9,943 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    I've moved your thread to the Parking tickets sub-board :)
  • Marktheshark
    Options
    We are seeing a few of these posts they appear to have the text "so i ignored them and ignored all subsequent requests for payment."
    I do Contracts, all day every day.
  • menoexpert
    Options
    We are seeing a few of these posts they appear to have the text "so i ignored them and ignored all subsequent requests for payment."

IMHO that's because up until (fairly) recently this approach has worked. Obviously things have changed and it will take time for the general public (including me) to take notice. But, thanks to sites like this one, word will eventually get out.

OP I feel for you, I'm in a similar situation. In my case I was relying on advice from two separate people who had letters in the past but nothing happened. Not anymore.
    From my very limited experience with this subject I do believe that it is not too late to fight but you will have to do it through the courts now. There's lots of advice in the stickies on this forum, pull up a chair and get reading.

Good luck!

menoexpert
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills