We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Paying for a wedding abroad
CecilG
Posts: 1 Newbie
in Credit cards
Hi All
I am getting married abroad next year and need to start paying deposits, but I'm not sure about the best way to do it.
I was thinking about paying with the Halifax Clarity Card as this has no transfer fees for paying abroad and I would like the cover a Credit Card gives as opposed to a money transfer (if things went pair shaped) but it does not offer 0% interest which I could really use to spread the repayment over.
So then I thought about getting another credit card with 0% offer on money transfers to pay the Halifax Clarity Card, but these have a transfer fee and that's what I was trying to avoid in the first place.
So if anyone has any ideas of the Cheapest way with the benefit of 0% and Cover it would be greatly appreciated.
I am getting married abroad next year and need to start paying deposits, but I'm not sure about the best way to do it.
I was thinking about paying with the Halifax Clarity Card as this has no transfer fees for paying abroad and I would like the cover a Credit Card gives as opposed to a money transfer (if things went pair shaped) but it does not offer 0% interest which I could really use to spread the repayment over.
So then I thought about getting another credit card with 0% offer on money transfers to pay the Halifax Clarity Card, but these have a transfer fee and that's what I was trying to avoid in the first place.
So if anyone has any ideas of the Cheapest way with the benefit of 0% and Cover it would be greatly appreciated.
0
Comments
-
There few cards with low balance transfer (you don't need money transfer) fees:
0
This discussion has been closed.
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards