Stop annoying phone calls

I found this site today http://www.tpsonline.org.uk The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a central opt out register whereby individuals can register their wish not to receive unsolicited sales and marketing telephone calls. It is a legal requirement that companies do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS.

I think this is a great idea and I have certainly registered.

I have just found another one !!

This stops you gettting junk mail. http://www.mpsonline.org.uk - I can't wait to stop all these get rich quick schemes!  ::)

Comments

• The telephone preference service really does work, I registered with them a while ago and it really reduced the amount of those annoying calls asking if I'd like to buy another mobile phone/double glazing/credit card etc etc.
  • Trix
    Trix Posts: 10,266 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    These have been posted many times before but have fallen back through the pages so it's a good reminder to anyone who doesn't know of them.

A comment I found on another website recently though worries me. They say:

'It seems the TPS provide all the registered numbers on TPS in a formatted data file. That's fine for people who want to query the database for legitimate reasons. However if this database falls into the wrong hands boom, many thousands of nice formatted numbers ready to be dialled by an auto-dialler.'

It also gives the weblink to this formatted data file but I won't post it here (not sure how safe it is to tell everyone)

DMA(direct marketing association) have details on:
    How to Control Your Post
    Mailing Preference Service
    Baby MPS (for people who have had a still-born or miscarriage not to receive any baby related post)
    Telephone Preference Service
    Fax Preference Service
    Email Preference Service

for both businesses and consumers.

And finally - to stop receiving unaddressed leaflets delivered by the Royal Mail you can write to:

Royal Mail Door-to Door Service
    Freepost
    Beaumont House
    OX4 5BR

Telephone: 0845 070 0702 '

Now what can I do to stop in-laws calling? ;D
    I'm a little angel o:)BUT A WHOLE LOTTA DEVIL
    'Spend your life with eyes open, sleep only to dream of what to do next'
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories