Car Failed MOT - SORN?

Options
Gaz83
Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
Combo Breaker First Post
My wife's car failed its MOT yesterday. It's an old car and the work needing to be done is upwards of £1,000 so we're not getting it repaired.

The tax is due up today. I was just logging on online to declare it SORNed.

However I can't proceed with the application because it doesn't have a valid MOT certificate!

What happens? Is it automatically SORNed? Is there something more I have to do?

NB I appreciate it's short notice, but my wife only remembered yesterday that the MOT and tax were due!
"Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."

Comments

• Gaz83
    Gaz83 Posts: 4,047 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Never mind - I am an idiot - all resolved!
    "Facism arrives as your friend. It will restore your honour, make you feel proud, protect your house, give you a job, clean up the neighbourhood, remind you of how great you once were, clear out the venal and the corrupt, remove anything you feel is unlike you... [it] doesn't walk in saying, "our programme means militias, mass imprisonments, transportations, war and persecution."
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure