Jersey holiday let recommendations?

Options
Can anybody recommend somewhere for a family to stay for a week in Jersey? Two adults and two children aged 6 and 3.

We don't want to be cooped up in a hotel room, so ideally we are looking at an apartment/guest house type accommodation with two bedrooms.

Having visited the island previously, we'd like to stay within walking distance of St. Helier if possible, but open to other areas on the island too if it keeps the price down.

Ideally we'd be visiting during the school summer holidays, but we would consider a one-off term time visit during the summer, as once my wife resumes her career later this year we probably won't be able to have a term time holiday again for a long, long time (she works in schools).

We've been doing our own research via Google/Trip Advisor, but prices of around £1,000 seem on the excessive side for self catering. Cheapest we found were the Panama Apartments, but reviews not great and parking an issue.

Any recommendations appreciated, thank you.

Comments

• nanapop1977
    Options
    Try Merton suites (next door to and part of Merton hotel) St Helier. We went last May with daughter and 2 grandsons aged 5 and 3. We had two interlinked apartments but larger Durrell would have been fine for a family of four, especially with little ones. Great indoor and outdoor pools opposite (free entry for hotel and suites guest) which our two loved, plus kiddies entertainment in main hotel in evenings. Slightly too far to walk into St Helier with the children but reserved parking so no problem when we came back from excursions. Suite did not have 2 bedrooms as such but could be divided with easy to operate but substantial room dividers. Everything spotlessly clean and serviced daily if I remember correctly. Not cheapest but suited our needs perfectly. I dont think you would be disappointed. Check out tripadvisor too, asI found that really helpful
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure