Do OVO owe me cash that is in credit if i move house?

Options
Widelats
Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
If i have credit on my elec/gas meters when i move do i get this automatically back from OVO or what? Or do i ask them to put in in a bank account i have, or do i lose the whole amount?

And how do i go about informing them that i will no longer be at this address, and that the awful standing charge they put on the pre pay meters will no longer apply to me? Don't want to end up in 10 years saying i owe them my life savings for standing charges/nothing.

Any ideas??
Owed out = lots. :cool:

Comments

• Bluebirdman_of_Alcathays
    Options
    Widelats wrote: »
    If i have credit on my elec/gas meters when i move do i get this automatically back from OVO or what? Or do i ask them to put in in a bank account i have, or do i lose the whole amount?

And how do i go about informing them that i will no longer be at this address, and that the awful standing charge they put on the pre pay meters will no longer apply to me? Don't want to end up in 10 years saying i owe them my life savings for standing charges/nothing.

Any ideas??

You call them, close your account and they will send you a cheque.

Standing charges were OFGEM's idea, not OVO's. And there are companies out there with 0p standing charge.
  • Widelats
    Widelats Posts: 3,773 Forumite
    Options
    You call them, close your account and they will send you a cheque.

Standing charges were OFGEM's idea, not OVO's. And there are companies out there with 0p standing charge.

Thanks for that, i will get onto them about it.
    :beer:
    Owed out = lots. :cool:
  • ChumpusRex
    Options
    Widelats wrote: »
    And how do i go about informing them that i will no longer be at this address, and that the awful standing charge they put on the pre pay meters will no longer apply to me?

Just remember that even if you move out you still have to keep paying the standing charge as long as you are "in charge" of that address.

So, if you are renting, but the tenancy agreement expires on 10 February, but you move out today. You still have to keep paying till 10 February.

Similarly, if you are selling the house, you have to keep paying until completion day, even if you move out early.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure