NHS / GP for UK employee without permanent address

Options
Hi,

I've lived in the UK in 2013-2014 and was involved into road accident with some serious injuries. At the time of the accident I was employed and using the NHS to recover. I left the country in July 2014. I've setted up a mail redirection overseas, so I could read all my mails, including the ones from the hospital.

Since January 2015 I am permanent UK employee again, but I am not going to live here permanently. I am going to be in the UK for up to 10 weeks a year, then the rest of the work will be carried out from somewhere else (most likely Europe).

My problem is that I can't receive any mails from the hospital, because my redirection from old address has finished.
Surgeries need a Proof of Address to register. I can get one from my temporary landlord, but even though it's just a temporary solution till I move out.
Surgeries does not accept any external address nor mailbox.

It's slightly strange, I actually contribute to the NHS more than average Mr Smith, contrary to this, I can't use the service.

Anyone with same or similar problems?
How people living in campers or boats deals with that problem?

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No relatives or friends whose address you could use? I don't know whether the concept of the "accommodation address" still exists, I must admit I haven't heard of it for a long time, but it might be a possible solution. (Note: a quick search suggests there are companies that can offer it, how reputable they are I can't say).
  • eskimo26
    eskimo26 Posts: 897 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Session wrote: »
    Hi,
    Anyone with same or similar problems?

Pretty much all homeless and traveler or gypsy communities but no one cares about them.
  • Poppie68
    Poppie68 Posts: 4,881 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To register for a GP you would need actual proof in the form of a utility bill and prove you are on the electrol roll..passport will also be needed. While you may pay NI you may still struggle because you are not a UK based citizen..your employer should be able to give you more info especially as they obviously employ non UK based employees...I take it your employer is a UK based business.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure