Holiday Insurance and relatives

Mum was pretty ill towards the end of last year, she's in her late 80's, she had to live with me for a couple of months but now she's back home with a lifeline. She suffered bouts of severe dizziness and sickness and couldn't do anything for herself when she was having a bad spell.

What i'm getting to is - I've been offered the opportunity to go to the US to see some relatives, what's the chance of getting travel insurance to cover the incidence of this happening again? She hasn't been diagnosed with a "condition" as such.

Cheers guys

Comments

• The lack of a diagnosis just makes it harder rather than easier, its still a pre-existing condition irrespective of if diagnosed or not.

The number of policies that allow you to declare the conditions of non-travelling family is tiny, I've only come across one in recent times and cannot remember off hand who it was but searching here or the Travel section should reveal it. Try them or a Travel Broker but without being able to put a name to the condition then the chances go from low to tiny.
  • tiamaria
    tiamaria Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    So basically you can't get cover for this sort of thing?
  • tiamaria wrote: »
    So basically you can't get cover for this sort of thing?

You may be able to but you need to find the one or two that offer it and see if they will cover this particular condition
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure