ppi

Options
hi
i took out a credit card back in 2002 it was done by post with mint [RBS] not knowing what ppi meant and the form said it strongly recommended it, I did not understanding the legal jargon on the back so phoned them to check what it meant and run through the questions they said as i was selfemployed i should have it in case i was ill or out of work so on there recommendation i ticked the box, it asked on the form employers name and i put my name down, i havnt used this card for over a year but over the years must have paid quite a bit to them do i have a valid case against them
dick994

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dick994 wrote: »
    hi
    i took out a credit card back in 2002 it was done by post with mint [RBS] not knowing what ppi meant and the form said it strongly recommended it, I did not understanding the legal jargon on the back so phoned them to check what it meant and run through the questions they said as i was selfemployed i should have it in case i was ill or out of work so on there recommendation i ticked the box, it asked on the form employers name and i put my name down, i havnt used this card for over a year but over the years must have paid quite a bit to them do i have a valid case against them
    dick994

Possibly, what is your complaint reason?
  • dick994
    Options
    hi
    when i phoned them i was told there was a lot better chance i would be accepted if i followed there advice as i wanted to transfer a £3000 from another card to mint telling me i could have problems if i didnt as i was self employed
    thanks
  • Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,818 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    dick994 wrote: »
    hi
    when i phoned them i was told there was a lot better chance i would be accepted if i followed there advice as i wanted to transfer a £3000 from another card to mint telling me i could have problems if i didnt as i was self employed
    thanks

Unfortunately that's the most common and easily rejected complaint - you cannot prove that conversation happened and the bank would just produce a sales script that confirmed that.

You should look through the terms of the PPI to see if it was particularly difficult to claim as a self-employed person (though don't make the mistake of assuming you would not have been covered as many types did cover self-employed)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure