IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parkingeye and thick me

Options
Have received the 2nd letter asking to pay at a discount, 1st letter came last week. I have read the newbies thread but I am so thick I don't understand 100% how much of the letter goes to the PE online appeal, which bits do it need to remove for it to fit in their appeal box? or is there a shortened version that could be sent in a pm to me? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 29 January 2015 at 2:47PM
    Options
    Nope you can cut it down yourself easily. Just remove the second half of it or write your own version, you can do that. Anyone can. I feel like deleting that template completely sometimes... why bother if people can't see the obviously important bits in it (obviously the numbered parts are the appeal points).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    remove the rant part, and anything that isnt absolutely necessary

or use a very short version, and add SEE ATTACHED AAPPEAL for the full appeal

then add the attached appeal as a word doc or pdf , plus any proof if you had any (like scans of redacted bank statements or receipts or purchased parking invoices/tickets)
  • puddleandtarn
    Options
    Thank you coupon-mad for your template and yours and Redx's replies. I was having a real thick morning but the more I read it the more I didn't think I could remove. I have done now and sent off the version to the company for their response. Sorry also for starting yet another thread :(
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    excellent, in that case you will receive an email acknowledgement I would think, plus a decision within 35 days (or less)

bear in mind I did say you didnt have to remove any of it and upload the full appeal (or a shortened appeal) as an attachment on their website

as long as its done, wait for the reply and if necessary formulate your popla appeal by reading the popla appeals linked by CM in the NEWBIES sticky thread
  • puddleandtarn
    Options
    Got an email today stating that the parking charge has been cancelled and no outstanding balance is now due!

Thank you coupon mad and redx for your help with this matter another success for your list :beer:
  • Kukas_Dad
    Options
    Congratulations....that's good news. I had mine canceled too. That's 2-0 already.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure