Template letter for reclaiming bank fees - can anybody help please?

Hello

I would like to reclaim my bank fees as I am sure I was mis-sold after reading Martin's guide.

The only problem is I can't open the template letter due to not having Word.

Can anyone copy and paste it for me please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Nasqueron
    Nasqueron Posts: 8,631
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    If you have a gmail account (free email from google) you can open the document in their document viewer.

Alternatively use the free Open Office which will also open them.

Text is here but it will lose formatting:
    [FONT=&quot] [Insert your name [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]and address][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][insert date][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][insert name and [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]address of bank [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]you held your account with][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Dear Sir or Madam,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Account name: [insert account name][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Account number: [insert account number][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I have had the above account since [insert date] but believe it was mis-sold to me. [Insert reason for complaint - see below (1)][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I enclose copies of my statements dating back to when the first account fee was taken out and any related documents. I am writing to request a full refund of the fees I have paid plus any interest owed to me. [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I look forward to your response within eight weeks, otherwise I won’t hesitate taking my complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Yours faithfully,[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][insert your signature][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot][Insert your name (printed)][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot](1) [/FONT][FONT=&quot]INSERT ONE OF THE FOLLOWING PLUS ANY ADDITIONAL DETAILS:[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I didn’t know I was paying and don’t remember ever agreeing to having this account.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I was upgraded without my knowledge.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I was told I would be eligible for travel insurance but later found out I wasn’t.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I wasn’t told I wouldn’t be eligible for one or more of the insurance policies.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I was told I had to get the account in order to take out a loan / overdraft / mortgage.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I was told I wouldn’t be eligible for your fee-free accounts and had to get one.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I wasn’t told there was an alternative, free account.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]- [/FONT][FONT=&quot]I tried to cancel my account but was forced into keeping it.[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
  • Scarla
    Scarla Posts: 142 Forumite
    This is the response I have recieved from the bank, could anyone please advise? I am sure I am not eligable for travel insurance due to pre-existing medical insurance.

Date- 28/01/2015
    Response
    Dear Mrs

Thank you for your message.

You are eligible for travel insurance. However, we have no information on terms & conditions of the insurance as it is being handled by a third party vendor, Ace Insurance, and they can be reached at 0845 841 0056 or free phone 0800 389 8425. You will be identified by your main current account number.

If you aboe informaiton were already given to you and you have called the number and was advised incorrectly, could you provide more infomation about the fees that you have incurred?

Should you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to reply to this message. Alternatively, you can call us on the numbers below.

0800 00 55 00* (if calling from within UK)
    +44 207 500 55 00* (if calling from abroad)
    *Calls may be recorded or monitored for training and service quality purposes. Calls to 0800 numbers are free from a UK landline, mobile costs may vary.

Yours sincerely,

Paul

Citicorp Customer Services SL on behalf of Citibank International PLC
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills