I havent got my charges back but i did get...

A modest overdraft out of natwest today :eek:

i just happened to be logged onto my account, and in a moment of boredom thought i would just reafirm my low opinion of the natwest and did the online application,

Ive done this many times over the last few years and they have refused me everytime, even for a measily 50 quid,

this time tho they recomended an amount for me to consider, i thought GREAT, ill be able to rant all day about how they wont even give me the amount they think would be appropriate based on my financial situation.:rotfl:

tapped it in the "how much do you want " box and it looks like its been aproved :T :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

im gob smaked, i still think it will turn out to be a computer error.:o

Might be worth a go if anyone has been in a similar position, as i would realy have to assume they have introduced a little more flexability into there criteria, maybe due to current events.

i cant think of any other reason for a change of heart:confused:

Comments

• Andybez38
    Andybez38 Posts: 1,773 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    How much did you ask for?
    I came into this world with nothing and I'm gonna leave with nothing.
  • Maybe you have got better with the way you run the account? If you don't want it you can get rid of it as well online.
    I have not worked for NatWest Bank since February 2009

This username is no longer active.
  • Newstart_4
    Newstart_4 Posts: 59 Forumite
    during the application it recomended £650 based on what they know about my finances. i just went with that. i realy cant think of any reason for them thinking better of me, i was being hit with occasional penalty charges right upto filing for court at the begining of JULY the last one was the end of month unofficial borrowing fee, so i must have been OD sometime within the previous month,

To be honest i cant thank them enough (it hurts me to say that) all though its a long time comming, i dont need to use the money, but if i stick to using it as a way of avoiding all the silly penalty charges ive had to put up with over the last couple of years, it actualy has a massive impact on my finances, ive always completely refuse to set anythign up on direct debit, and this costs me 5 quid a month here and there with a few service suppliers, Ive also at my own request had powercard meters for my energy, obviously this means crap deals from suppliers, so hopefully ill be able to get the powercards taken away, get on DD without them leading to penalty charges and get a better deal to boot on the energy prices.

i should be quids in!! just for the fact i can now all do this in relative safety, having a wife and 4 kids and being self employed on a prety low and often variable income, has meant without a little support from the bank, ive had to put up with paying over the odds for a lot of things.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure