ESA3 form postal address

Options
Hello. I'm new to this site and hope someone will be able to help me.

A friend of mine has just completed an Department of Work and Pensions ESA3 form. Although a postage paid envelope has been provided, he can find no indication as to where it should be sent. There is no address on the postage paid envelope, nor on the ESA3 form.

I'm afraid things are desperate as he has may lose his home unless this is quickly resolved. Please help.

Comments

• Robbie64
    Robbie64 Posts: 1,951 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Richard65 wrote: »
    Hello. I'm new to this site and hope someone will be able to help me.

A friend of mine has just completed an Department of Work and Pensions ESA3 form. Although a postage paid envelope has been provided, he can find no indication as to where it should be sent. There is no address on the postage paid envelope, nor on the ESA3 form.

I'm afraid things are desperate as he has may lose his home unless this is quickly resolved. Please help.
    The envelope should have an address on it but I'm guessing it is one of the old DWP window envelopes? Or is it just a blank envelope where an address can be written on the envelope?

All your friend can do is phone the DWP on Monday and get the address from them. Depending on what type of envelope it is he can then either write the address on the envelope or write the address on a piece of paper and either sellotape it to the envelope or line it up with the window so the address shows - photocopier paper or something similar is best for this. He will need to make sure the address doesn't drop out of view.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    edited 24 January 2015 at 4:35PM
    Options
    The most likely explanation is that whoever send the ESA3 picked up the wrong envelope. Post is sent out in pre-paid envelopes too. I managed to put post into the pre-paid return envelope on one occasion. Thankfully the post room spotted it before it went out. :-(

Call 0345 6088 545 and ask for the address. All post goes to 1 of 2 Mail Handling Units and then onward to the relevant office. They will need to know which one to send it to in order to avoid further delay.
    Alternatively, take the ESA3 along with the envelope with no address to the nearest Job Centre and get them to send it on. They must take the envelope as evidence that they have no way to return the ESA3 or the staff at the JC might simply turn them away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure