vax vs hoover vacuum cleaners - any recommendations ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Jonesya
    Jonesya Posts: 1,823 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went for one of the old fashioned Vax wet and dry orange cylinder ones, 6131 because they're reasonably priced and although it uses bags, they are so common you can get cheap bags and filters anywhere.

My parents had a similar model when I was a kid, its lasted at least 25 years and still going strong as a workshop VAC.
  • smufflemuppet
    Options
    Not all Vax products come with 6 years warranty - only the Mach range and anything advertised with "NLOS/No Loss of Suction" filters which are NOT the paper pleated types.

Hoover Europe products are pretty poor in my experience. I've been let down by so many of their products - the only one that seems to be good is a cordless dust buster Hoover Jovis I bought many years ago. Honestly, if Hoover can't produce anything better than a cordless dust buster, it says a lot of the company.

Vax products are generally better as they are owned by the TTI company who own Hoover in the U.S (not to be confused by Hoover Europe owned by Candy, who make washers and larger appliances.)

Bagless is great if you have daily clean ups after pets and daily traffic.

I'm a fan of both but I much prefer a bagged vacuum; I have a family owned SEBO X1 upright, about 17 years old now. Has only required one drive belt change.

I can't be done with cleaning filters all of the time, and bagged vacuums, though do require bags to be bought are far cleaner to have in my home.
  • adandem
    adandem Posts: 3,592 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Henry/Hetty every time for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts