PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

baked potato - how long for and which gas mark?

hi, please don't laugh. mostly post on the finance forum but have posted here once in a while. be grateful if any kind folk could answer my question. thanks all. have a great day also :)
BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

THE KILLERS :cool:

THE PUNISHER :dance: MATURE CHEDDAR ADDICT:cool:

Comments

• cazziebo
    cazziebo Posts: 3,209 Forumite
    My sister's a great chef - I'm not! But she told me how to do this.

Put potato in microwave for two minutes. Take it out, rub in oil, sprinkie with salt and pepper and then low oven for 45 minutes to an hour. Lovely crispy skin, creamy soft in middle
  • jo1972
    jo1972 Posts: 8,901 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I usually stick it in gas mark 4 for about an hour, hour and a half depending on the size. About half hour before the end, drizzle a little bit of olive oil on the skin and sprinkle a little bit of salt and leave it cooking and the skin will be delicious!!
    DFW Nerd no. 496 - Proud to be dealing with my debts!!
  • tanith
    tanith Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    It depends on how big your potatoe is ... I am lucky that I have a jacket potatoe on my microwave menu so I do it in the mic and them blitz it in the oven for 20 mins to crisp it up...

I would say a medium potatoe for 1hr 15 mins at 180* but if you have a metal meat skewer and poke it through the middle of the potatoe it will cook much quicker... to be honest you can cook them slow or fast so a much lower oven temperature and you can leave them in for 2 or 3 hrs.... just need a poke to see if they are done.. its not an exact science.... hope they are tasty....
    #6 of the SKI-ers Club :j

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing" Edmund Burke
  • jo1972
    SNAP Cazzie :rotfl:
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    thank you all! does 180* = gas mark 4 (for a medium sized potato)?
    BLOODBATH IN THE EVENING THEN? :shocked: OR PERHAPS THE AFTERNOON? OR THE MORNING? OH, FORGET THIS MALARKEY!

• jo1972
  • free4440273
    free4440273 Posts: 38,438 Forumite
    thanks all again! and thanks for that link also jo.

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family