MoneySaving Poll: How do you rate your home phone and broadband provider?

Poll started 20 January 2015

How do you rate your home phone and broadband provider?

We can tell you who the cheapest providers are, but to find out if their service is any good, we need your help. So twice a year we ask you to tell us about your customer service experiences.

Please rate your provider(s) on customer service (not price) over the past SIX MONTHS.

Did you vote? Are you surprised at the results so far? Have your say below. To see the results from last time, click here.

If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply. If you aren’t sure how it all works, read our New to Forum? Intro Guide.

Thanks! :)

[threadbanner]box[/threadbanner]

Replies

• viv0147viv0147 Forumite
    1.7K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I have had a package with Virgin Media for the last 9 years and I rate them 10/10 for service and their broadband speeds are top class
    Low Carb High Fat is the way forward I lost 80 lbs

Since first using Martins I have saved thousands
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    I with Zen and have been with them since 2006

Their Customer Service and Technical Support is 10/10.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
  • SomersetSomerset Forumite
    3.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Post Office - technical support/cs 0/10
  • edited 21 January 2015 at 10:12AM
    dastepdastep Forumite
    39 Posts
    edited 21 January 2015 at 10:12AM
    I was with O2 Broadband that was purchased by SKY recently, and decided to switch to BT fibre Broadband and have been very pleased with my service. I have unlimited fibre broadband and currently get speeds of 38 mbps with upload of approximately 9 mbps.

I also pay for my BT line rental yearly with the line rental saver plan which saves me money, and we also have the basic television service with a free YouView box which suits my family.

My father-in-law was with Virgin television, broadband and phone and his bills were running him around £80 per month which were scandalous.

Our monthly bill for BT broadband and TV which includes the YouView box is £28 per month which provides plenty of bandwidth for computer and iPad.

I don't spend a lot of time watching television but it's nice to record programs that are on when we are away to watch when we do feel like watching.

We had some problems with the old YouView box recently with the box sticking and programs being lost, but BT posted a new YouView box free of charge and took the old set away immediately.

I rate BT 10 out of 10 for service and broadband speed.
  • I hate phoning BT with a problem as 1. I can't understand the person on the other end 2. they run through a long list of possible problems, which we have already eliminated 3. they try to put you off from having an engineer call by saying it will cost £x if the problem is with your phone 4. we always get several scam calls within hours of speaking to them - coincidence or not????
  • I have my broadband with Virgin as its fibre optic but decided not to have a landline as it was hardly ever used and we both have mobile phones and the survey wont let me submit unless I rate for both.......

I have had a couple of issues with broadband dropping out of an evening which I dont understand and neither did the virgin engineer when he came out.
  • mcjordimcjordi Forumite
    4.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    im with fuel (primus) not the best but its cheap and does the job.. speeds a little slow sometimes.. random buffering on films etc but afterall its run on talktalks network...
    Sealed pot challenger # 10
    1v100 £15/300
  • I'm with Plusnet for both phone and broadband - they have always given me superb service - from their UK call centre.usually end up with PlusNet

I lecture OAPs etc on PC usage and I'm often asked which ISP to use - I normally answer by saying ask your neighbours, and consider where the call centre is - usually BT starts as favourite, but when talking to the neighbours they usually fall off the list fast.
  • I think this poll is a bit limited. Those with fibre broadband are most likely to rate it highly while those of stuck without fibre will be less satisfied.
    On a personal note, BT has not allowed anyone else into our exchange, so we are stuck with their service. Fibre may come along by 2016-17 but may not reach our cabinet as there are too few connections.
    Service is not too bad because we are not that far from the exchange, however we do get broadband cut-outs fairly often.
  • RikkiRikki Forumite
    21.6K Posts
    I think this poll is a bit limited. Those with fibre broadband are most likely to rate it highly while those of stuck without fibre will be less satisfied.
    On a personal note, BT has not allowed anyone else into our exchange, so we are stuck with their service. Fibre may come along by 2016-17 but may not reach our cabinet as there are too few connections.
    Service is not too bad because we are not that far from the exchange, however we do get broadband cut-outs fairly often.

We are rating the provider not the speed of the service. I do not have fibre and there is nothing planned for my exchange till 2016/2017 at the earliest.
    My speed is only 1.5mb due to distance from the exchange and no cable available in the village.

However my provider is excellent for both customer service and technical support.
    £2 Coins Savings Club 2012 is £4 :).............................NCFC member No: 00005.........

......................................................................TCNC member No: 00008
    NPFM 21
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Who can suggest a top-notch bed?

This Forumite's mattress is in need of a base

MSE Forum

Top theatre lotteries

How to grab £10-£25 tix for Cabaret, Matilda etc

MSE Deals