We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Santander "Free" Accounts - Important Changes...

Options

Comments

• nicholasjohn
    Options
    I spoke to customer services again and it looks bad, they put me through to someone higher up who said basically free banking forever is not guaranteed with this new account. I'm not sure the best thing to do now.

I asked for something in writing to say 'free banking forever' before I agreed to the change in account, she couldnt agree to that.
  • constantrubbish
    Options
    Hi, I don't remember a limit on the number of monthly transactions to remain in receipt of free banking but in the letter we had today saying it's going to be transferred in May it says the account is only free of monthly charges whilst you remain within a transaction limit. Does anyone know anything about this?????

I agree also that being transferred to another account might mean the old terms and conditions or free banking forever may be lost?!
  • BusinessIsBusiness
    Options
    Hi, I don't remember a limit on the number of monthly transactions to remain in receipt of free banking but in the letter we had today saying it's going to be transferred in May it says the account is only free of monthly charges whilst you remain within a transaction limit. Does anyone know anything about this?????

I agree also that being transferred to another account might mean the old terms and conditions or free banking forever may be lost?!

As I mentioned in an earlier post. This task is amalgamating lots of different free accounts from A&L & Abbey. I'd guess this will be in reference to the A&L account which was free etc etc, up to 3k cash paid into the account, which has always been the case.

Id guess this is a generic letter covering all different free accounts.
  • Pete_Skinner
    Options

My Abbey account was always only up to £3000 cash & 100 cheques per month could be deposited free of charges. (it was in the very small print!!)
  • janusdesign
    Options
    TheTracker wrote: »
    Can you give any more information?

I haven't had free business banking with Santander for a while now. What account do you currently hold? As far as I am aware it's been a long time since Santander/Abbey had a free banking account (excluding introductory periods).
    I have the "Free Banking Forever" business accounts as described by others in the thread...

I was hoping magpiecottage might have posted on this as he was on top of the issue when it kicked off a few years ago.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,861 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was hoping magpiecottage might have posted on this as he was on top of the issue when it kicked off a few years ago.
    magpiecottage is no longer allowed to post, hence PPR (Posting Privileges Removed) appearing below his/her username on posts already made.
  • Pete_Skinner
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    magpiecottage is no longer allowed to post, hence PPR (Posting Privileges Removed) appearing below his/her username on posts already made.
    Did a certain Bank find a way to silence Magpie Cottage???
  • euroaccountpls
    Options
    As I mentioned in an earlier post. This task is amalgamating lots of different free accounts from A&L & Abbey. I'd guess this will be in reference to the A&L account which was free etc etc, up to 3k cash paid into the account, which has always been the case.

Id guess this is a generic letter covering all different free accounts.

Id say that was naive thinking
  • Archi_Bald
    Archi_Bald Posts: 9,681 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Did a certain Bank find a way to silence Magpie Cottage???

When you have been on the MSE Forum a bit longer, you will know that MSE Towers pull the trigger without outside help.
  • euroaccountpls
    Options
    Archi_Bald wrote: »
    When you have been on the MSE Forum a bit longer, you will know that MSE Towers pull the trigger without outside help.

Really.? i thought MSE functions because of people like the magpie chap and all the people that he would bring looking to their site.

Anyone know where to get a copy of the Terms (inc the FREE BANKING FOREVER) that im currently on and dont want to lose.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure