YSL shirts at Sports World - Whats the deal?!

Options
2»

Comments

• mixu
    mixu Posts: 166 Forumite
    Options
    YSL is owned by the Gucci Group, one of fashion's largest conglomerates — certainly not bankrupt.

Sports World adopts the 'pile em high, sell em cheap' philosophy with many brands operating as loss-leaders, banking on people buying their own brands — Slazenger, Lonsdale, etc.

Pretty similar to TK Maxx, how many of the brands in there seem as good quality?
  • red1028
    red1028 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Are you people saying that YSL make lower quality stuff especially for Sports World? I'm not convinced they would do that....would they?

I think one reason is the Sports World tops are probably not 100% cotton.
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    red1028 wrote: »
    I think one reason is the Sports World tops are probably not 100% cotton.

Correct... while the more expensive YSL shirts will be 100% cotton, better material/cloth, etc...
  • jonathonjordan
    Options
    Oh My god i cant believe the way so many people jump on this and say how crap the YSL clothing is in Sports Soccer.

I used to pay full price for YSL until i found Sports Soccer - ive had loads of shirts, t shirts and polo shirts from them and everyone is great. No difference in quality atall. They wash the same as any other clothing. Ive got an YSL shirt that is worn at least once a week and ive had it for 9 months now and it still looks as good as it did the day i bought it.

Its YSL not anything else - not cheaper quality etc.
    Yes these shops are a nightmare and the staff as thick as pig **** but doesnt stop you getting a great bargain
  • le_eswiss
    le_eswiss Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I have been and shopped at Sports World/Lillywhites etc several items, and while yes - it is true that stuff is piled ceiling high, with little space to move, I have not found the staff unhelpful or rude at all. On the contrary, I have generally found that they atleast try to help - unlike some of the staff I've come across in more "posh" shops. Agree they might not know as much, but that's another matter. Just been lucky? :think:
    No reliance should be placed on the above.
  • tobster
    tobster Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    No way is YSL in the same league as Ralph and Lacoste it used to be but not now.The quality in SW does not compare to Ralph or Lacoste feels completely different all thin and and hangs down as supposed to a nice fit. Take a look at some of the tacky designs, If you like YSL and you believe your still living in the 90s then fine but from a fashion point of view its past its sell by date. Thats why SW are selling this tacky stuff so cheap.

By the way I did buy a cardigan from there when I was cold one day and says £79.99 now £15 ha ha yeah right the zip is cheap and broke in a week.

Thanks, just voicing my opinion.
    x
    stay lucky!
    Steve.
  • jonathonjordan
    Options
    tobster wrote: »
    No way is YSL in the same league as Ralph and Lacoste it used to be but not now.The quality in SW does not compare to Ralph or Lacoste feels completely different all thin and and hangs down as supposed to a nice fit. Take a look at some of the tacky designs, If you like YSL and you believe your still living in the 90s then fine but from a fashion point of view its past its sell by date. Thats why SW are selling this tacky stuff so cheap.

By the way I did buy a cardigan from there when I was cold one day and says £79.99 now £15 ha ha yeah right the zip is cheap and broke in a week.

x

I do hope the living in the 90's etc etc bit is not aimed at me !!

A shirt is a shirt when it comes to work - t shirts etc are always great for holidays. YSL Dated ? Hmmm - i see so many people wearing it and i can go into any department store and buy it.
  • VIJAY_FROM_KENT
    Options
    tobster wrote: »

x

That is quite patronising and rude towards anyone who wears YSL clothes, including myself... I bought a really nice quality black YSL shirt which takes cufflinks, from TK Max last week, and the quality is great.
  • red1028
    red1028 Posts: 54 Forumite
    Options
    Oh My god i cant believe the way so many people jump on this and say how crap the YSL clothing is in Sports Soccer.

I'm not having a pop at YSL shirts or Sports World. I've got dress down at work and wear £8.99 Kangol and £2.99 Diadora polo shirts bought from Sports World. Personally I look for 100% cotton where possible, probably from my days of not having dress down at work, where a 100% cotton shirt was more comfortable than a polyester mix shirt on a hot day.

I've also bought lots of cheap Umbro and Lonsdale clothes for my 1 year old boy, and a bargain West Ham kit for £12.49.

Up the Hammers.
  • ash333
    ash333 Posts: 213 Forumite
    Options
    I don't like them because they messed up Lillywhites.

It used to be the best sports shop in London, and when I went they had no England Rugby shirts, couldnt order me one and couldnt tell me when they would be delivered because they simply didnt know!

Hopeless!
    IF YOU LIKE MY POST PLEASE CLICK "THANK YOU!"

** PREMIUM Advertising Space for Rent**

If god had meant us to ski, he would have given us mountains, snow, and gravity!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure