YSL shirts at Sports World - Whats the deal?!

...I was browsing through their site and came across them...

http://www.sportsdirect.com/category.pasp?txtcategory=LeisureMensPoloShirtsYSL

...I was suprised by the price, because I thought they were in the same league as Lacoste, Ralph Lauren etc.

Are they faulty or something, cos I have no idea :confused:

Comments

• spuds_2
    spuds_2 Posts: 874 Forumite
    You need to see these close up really - Sports World shops sell racks and racks of them. They seem to be genuine YSL but they look cheap and scruffy. I would guess they are excess production runs. I presume they are not fakes because YSL would have sued Sports World by now. I have never been tempted to buy them in the shop.

I have had some ok stuff from Sports World - they sell Ocean Pacific and other branded clothes quite cheap. They are pretty unpleasant shops shops to go in though, mountains of stuff packed in, and I find the staff a bit surly.

Sports World own several brands - Dunlop, Lonsdale, several others, which explains why they are so cheap in there.
  • $am1965
    $am1965 Posts: 167 Forumite
    I got one for my OH and they are not the same quality as YSL supply to John Lewis, but wash well and the material has a nice feel, also I bought a polo shirt for my daughter, and this has stood up to the test of a 7 year old very well
    Sam:happylove
  • The quality in SW isnt as good as the really nice YSL shirts you get in some shops but they are ok for casual use...
  • webuserisme
    webuserisme Posts: 1,138 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Are you people saying that YSL make lower quality stuff especially for Sports World? I'm not convinced they would do that....would they?
  • PAUL7331
    PAUL7331 Posts: 300 Forumite
    I brought a YSL t-shirt from there a few months ago. Cant complain, great quality and a great price!
  • Are you people saying that YSL make lower quality stuff especially for Sports World? I'm not convinced they would do that....would they?

No, but they make different quality versions of their clothing like any other brand... You can buy a £5 shirt in M&S of a £50 shirt and they are different quality...
  • blinko
    blinko Posts: 2,507 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    ysl is bankrupt !
  • webuserisme
    vjain wrote: »
    No, but they make different quality versions of their clothing like any other brand... You can buy a £5 shirt in M&S of a £50 shirt and they are different quality...

I'm not totally convinced of this argument. Sports World quote the RRP on these products and they seem to match up to the prices charged in the 'posh' shops. Are you sure you're not falling for the plush fixtures and fittings/general expensive ambience in the posh shops? I have a feeling these shirts are the same quality everywhere. But, of course, I'm entirely happy to be convinced otherwise if anyone could categorically prove that these YSL productd are made to a lesser quality.
  • webuserisme
    blinko wrote: »
    ysl is bankrupt !

If true, that would, to my thinking, be a better explanation of these prices than the 'lower quality' one.
  • ryansace
    ryansace Posts: 227 Forumite
    It's not as good quality, but it's pretty good prices to be honest. Bought several shirts for work, they look good. At the end of the day, you get what you pay for.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure