New Years' Resolutions - Which are you doing?

Former_MSE_Andrea
Former_MSE_Andrea Posts: 9,614
Combo Breaker First Post I've helped Parliament Rampant Recycler
Forumite
edited 29 January 2015 at 10:39AM in How much have you saved?
jancal1.jpg

What's it about?

You've probably made stacks of resolutions by now but may need some help sticking to them? Tons of people are on this Forum day in, day out supporting each other in their goals throughout the year, not just January. :) With their help and support we're much more likely to stick to them.

What to do?

If you haven't yet joined in with a support thread check out the ones below and tell us below which one(s) you're joining :)

Get reminders in your inbox

If you'd like a notification email as a reminder when someone replies subscribe to this Forum post and the resolution threads you join to receive notifications reminding you whenever someone replies.
attachment.php?attachmentid=24&stc=1&d=1420019974

If you want to receive an email letting you know to the address you joined the Forum with you can do it in your User Control Panel (User CP).
Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
Join the MSE Forum
Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
Point out a rate/product change
Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com

Comments

• bella165
    bella165 Posts: 13,127
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Stoptober Survivor
    Forumite
    Oh how fab i am growing more of my own this year after how well it went last year,I had 9 months of fresh veg and this year i want to make it 12months
    Replies to posts are always welcome, if they are done in the correct manner. If I have made a mistake in the post, I am human, tell me nicely and it will be corrected. If your reply cannot be nice, has an underlying issue, or you believe that you are God, please post in another forum. Thank you
  • Gem-gem
    Gem-gem Posts: 4,394
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    I've joined 'the biggest losers' - weight loss support group under the debt free wannabe section. I want to lose over two stone. I've also joined 'save £12k in 12 months' to help me to save more. I have also continued with 'completely crazy clothes challenge', to keep my clothes spending in check. 'read all my books before I buy anymore', to try and help clear a backlog of books; 'the roadkill rebel' challeng, last year hubby and I found nearly £95 on the ground, let's keep our fingers cross for this year and finally, this year I have taken over the reigns of the '£2.00' challenge. There looks like some very interesting challenges this year that I will have to lurk about in.
    Save 12K in 2026 no 16
    Fashion on a ration 0/66 coupons
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I think possibly the No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries in January 2015 would be the best thing for me to do! I buy on ebay and when I find really decent deals (as in 80 or 90% off) I really find it hard to resist....but I don't have the money, I definitely don't have the space and the fact I end up reselling most is probably a big enough give-away!

So far since Christmas, in December I've bought a mascara and two coloured eyeliner pencils. No more since January and fingers crossed I can make it until the Summer because I'd love to have no more boxes of products I really have no space for. Even if they do amazing things (apparently!)
  • The sales this year have not been as good as previous. Any shop suggestions?
  • How's it going everyone? :)

Join the MSE Forum
  • SailorSam
    SailorSam Posts: 22,754
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    The sales this year have not been as good as previous. Any shop suggestions?

What has that got to do with New Year resolutions ?
    Liverpool is one of the wonders of Britain,
    What it may grow to in time, I know not what.

Daniel Defoe: 1725.
  • I have joined Save £12k in 12 months and I also Plan to Boost My Income - with selling old unwanted items online and at Car Boot Sales aswell as Entering Competitions to win Cash and Prizes.

My resolution is to buy as little as possible! Saving Money.

and Get rid of the stuff I have but do not need instead of hiding it in a Cupboard!
    Ask.. Believe.. Receive..

Every Accomplishment Starts With The Decision To Try
  • I've joined the Save 12k in 2015 challenge to increase the deposit for a house hopefully at the end of the year.

I've also joined the £2 and 50p savers clubs - this fund is mainly for clothes and those awkward little bits that we all need from time to time!

Finally the NSD challenge to get more pennies in the jars!

I really need to do something about all the clutter in the house as well and try to sell some of it!
    Save £12k in 2019 #85 £1,500/£15,000 (10%)
    "Obstacles are those frightful things you see when you take your eyes off your goal" Henry Ford
  • Great stuff!

And fantastic you've added them to your forum signatures!

Don't forget to subscribe to the forum threads to get reminders in your inbox :)

Join the MSE Forum
  • How's it going everyone?

Who's subscribed to this or the other threads?

Join the MSE Forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories