i need a hotel near the o2 arena for 28th august

Options
can anyone help?

im completely lost, i have been searching for hotels via late rooms.com and when i look at the hotel i cant tell whether the hotel is close to the arena or not. i also need parking (free preferably) :D

thanks
It only seems kinky the first time.. :A

Comments

• crispeater
    crispeater Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    anyone have any ideas?
  • Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,855 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm staying at the Marriott Canary Wharf this Friday, which is apparantly very easy to get to and from the O2.

Parking is off site. I have no idea where yet, I never organise myself until the last second!

Not much help, but better than nothing :o
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • M4RKM
    M4RKM Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    parking in London is difficult at best of times.. most hotels have limited car parking that does charge.

however, i normally end up parking on a side street, and in evenings / sundays it is normally free.
  • photome
    photome Posts: 16,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    Cant help with hotels, but I went to the o2 on sat for concert...parking is £20, I prebooked, but I used carpark from mid morning till after concert, caught tube in to london we had a great day.

I think it is a bit more to park on non event days, but there is over 2000 spaces and it is right next door to the dome and north greenwich tube station.
  • hjb123
    hjb123 Posts: 32,002 Forumite
    Options
    have you tried https://www.laterooms.com ? they may have some good deals. just type in the area or the postcode and see what it brings up
    Weight Loss - 102lb
  • zenmaster
    zenmaster Posts: 3,151 Forumite
    Options
    We stayed at the Docklands Travelodge last week. It's a few minutes away from East India DLR station which is 2 stops away from the O2 arena (North Greenwich - £1 using an Oyster card). It's outside the congestion zone charge area and parking is £5 for 24 hours.

It's a Travelodge so nothing fancy, but adequate for an overnight stay. If you are lucky they might have a £15 or £26 room on that day.

I cannot recommend the breakfast though - it was made from the cheapest ingredients possible.
  • herman2811
    herman2811 Posts: 1,080 Forumite
    Options
    I'd recommend doing a search on venere.com - really helpful website with lots of good maps/reviews, and reasonable prices too (which you also don't have to pay in advance)
    PM me if you want a 4% discount code.

I think it's a good idea to check out this website even if you find hotels cheaper elsewhere, as the descriptions and maps are generally better than other sites in my opinion.

Hope that helps

PS - I'm not connected to this website in any way, and I don't gain anything from this post. I also found the discount code on another forum.
  • mummycupcake
    Options
    I'm going to the o2 next Tuesday(7th Aug) and I'm also having problems finding a hotel.

Is it better to find one on the same side of the river as the o2 or is getting over the to the other side easy enough on public transport? I'm a bit nervous about using the tube at night as its my 1st visit to London and there will be just me and my 13yr old daughter.

Any advice on which is the best area to stay in and how to get to it would be appriciated I'm getting off the train at Euston if this helps
  • crispeater
    crispeater Posts: 1,072 Forumite
    Options
    well i booked the travelodge docklands for £60, with the £5 parking it worked out the cheapest as most where the hotel was cheaper the parking was about £10. plus i've stayed in a travelodge before so i know what to expect lol
    can you walk from the travelodge to the o2 arena? i know its about 3 miles but if its a nice evening and plenty of pubs on the way lol or am i asking too much? i've never been to this area so i have no idea.
  • TraceB
    TraceB Posts: 109 Forumite
    Options
    i used www.superbreaks.co.uk to book a hotel when we saw justin timberlake at the o2. we stayed at the novotel excel and i think it had parking although we got the train / tube up. it was a couple of stops away on the tube / dlr

hth
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport