EA, Fifa 15 and a ban

Options

Comments

• Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know you send people to that email address, but they rarely respond.

In honesty, EA rarely do anything. I'm thinking the 130 page thread about the issues with the PC version being CPU hungry, even on high spec machines like my own.

The funny thing is, on the PC version it is easy to tell the cheaters. People with 5billion match coins etc. Doesn't seem that EA ban them though.
  • GrumpyPL
    GrumpyPL Posts: 63 Forumite
    Options
    Taiko wrote: »
    I know you send people to that email address, but they rarely respond.

In honesty, EA rarely do anything. I'm thinking the 130 page thread about the issues with the PC version being CPU hungry, even on high spec machines like my own.

The funny thing is, on the PC version it is easy to tell the cheaters. People with 5billion match coins etc. Doesn't seem that EA ban them though.

If you know Origin IDs/usernames of players who are exploiting bugs or cheating within FIFA 15, then you can report them by sending an email to fifaplayfair@ea.com.

Please be aware that it can take some time for an investigation, but actions are always taken on reported accounts found to be breaching the rules of the game and cheating in online modes.

Thanks.
  • Andy_89
    Andy_89 Posts: 245 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2015 at 9:10AM
    Options
    GrumpyPL wrote: »
    I volunteer at a well known EA site and am a senior moderator... Answers HQ.

That must take patience of STEEL.
  • Taiko
    Taiko Posts: 2,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    If you know Origin IDs/usernames of players who are exploiting bugs or cheating within FIFA 15, then you can report them by sending an email to fifaplayfair@ea.com.

Please be aware that it can take some time for an investigation, but actions are always taken on reported accounts found to be breaching the rules of the game and cheating in online modes.

Thanks.

Thing is though, those reports are consistently ignored. Submitted one months ago for an account that, at the time, had over a billion match coins. Averaging out at 500 a game, that's 2 million games, at 16 minutes a game. It would take 60 years of constant play to achieve that amount, so it's blatant there's an issue, but they still exist!

The answers mods have a thankless job, made even worse by EA's shocking customer service.
  • joeypesci
    Options
    I volunteer at a well known EA site and am a senior moderator... Answers HQ. Trust me when I say that we have an astounding amount of these issues come up every day, and there's nothing we ourselves can do about this. Please bear in mind btw that I am not an EA employee, just a volunteer at a player-to-player official support forum from EA.

You need to send an email to [EMAIL="accountdisputes@ea.com"]accountdisputes@ea.com[/EMAIL] from the email account which you use for your EA/Origin account on the game... they will review and WILL unban you if they do not have solid evidence of coin selling or buying.

But that's the problem. That's all customer services say "Send a dispute at accountdisputes@ea.com" It's been a couple of months now, still nothing, still the account is in a ban state, Peter Moore still claims he can't do anything about this despite his position in the company. The Twitter support account also claims they can't do anything about it.

It's all bollards.

What's even MORE annoying are all the YouTube channels that stream Fifa FUT pack openings extra, the really large channels. All CLEARLY advertising coin sellers, all the time they've been doing this on their channels, with Fifa 14 and Fifa 15 and NONE of them have been banned. I suspect this is because this is because they give EA more free advertising so EA turn a blind eye.
  • joeypesci
    Options
    bluenoseam wrote: »
    At the risk of sounding like a jerk, you helped EA become the cash grabbing swines that they are by playing FUT & allowing it to thrive - alongside the millions of other people throwing money away on it.

Doesn't mean I don't agree that EA are a bit shoddy customer service wise, but ultimately you play by their rules & they've seen fit to ban you, you signed up accepting their T&C's which include the ability to ban you.

Not a jerk comment because it's what I keep telling him about Fifa.

I myself love the Battlefield series but after seeing what they've done with BF4 and all the DLC bollards, I'm now starting to avoid that franchise as well. The only way to make EA listen it seems is with the wallet.
  • joeypesci
    Options
    If you know Origin IDs/usernames of players who are exploiting bugs or cheating within FIFA 15, then you can report them by sending an email to [EMAIL="fifaplayfair@ea.com"]fifaplayfair@ea.com[/EMAIL].

Thanks.

But it doesn't work. I, along with others, have report the big YouTube channels that advertise the coin sellers for Fifa. Giving their YouTube name, links to the videos with the advertising and on the rare occasion you see their Fifa name (most have started to cover this up) yet they still aren't banned. This was even pointed out to Peter Moore, Peter Moore the COO and even he couldn't be bothered to do anything about it claiming "There is nothing I can do".
  • JasX
    JasX Posts: 3,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sickparrot wrote: »
    It's amazing how many times EA keep screwing over their customers and people still buy their stuff.

I stopped doing this after the EA APB scandal

If you keep spending money with these people you expect anything will change?
  • duggan1
    duggan1 Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Oddly enough my Fifa 15 account has just been removed as well (generic email about breach of terms and conditions).

Haven't even played the game in 4/5 months, and can't see any evidence that account has been accessed or tampered with.

Sent an email but not expecting much in the way of reply.
  • Marvqn1
    Marvqn1 Posts: 634 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't understand why people buy packs for FUT. Essentially, your paying to buy players that already exist within the game.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure