We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

those little treats in life

13»

Comments

  • WantToBeSE
    WantToBeSE Posts: 7,729 Forumite
    I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    How about earning some extra money which is just for treats? If you can earn an extra £10 a week, then you reserve that JUST for your treats.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,240 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I must be one of the few who doesn't really have treats - I agonise over even buying a packet of mints for myself, (the only type of sweet I really like) - so much so that the guilt I feel outweighs any pleasure in eating them, so I don't bother.:(

    A while back, I was sent a free copy of a magazine (Pr1ma, I think it was) - it was part of a survey, they wanted me to read it and report back. To be honest, I hated it; there was nothing in it that interested me, I found the style of writing highly irritating, and ploughing through it felt like a real penance. I guess I must just be weird.:D
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • nursemaggie
    nursemaggie Posts: 2,608 Forumite
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    At the moment mine is a toffee crisp. I never pay full price for them. I don't think I have paid more than £1 for 4. That's two each for me and my son.

    A walk in the park. A book from the library. I don't have TV so any catch up TV I particularly like.

    I highly recommend you do a few surveys for some pocket money. I never put my payments towards bills unless I have to, I saved SM vouchers for Christmas. Cheques go in my savings account for treats. Hoping it will mean a few days out in the summer.
  • katkin wrote: »
    Eating out in posh restaurants :(

    I'm a bit of a foodie,so hate going anywhere where the food isn't any better than my own home cooked, too often its worse. So nothing missed there.

    I agree! There is a really fancy super market in town, I love to go in and spend up to 5 Euro on a fancy ingredient - maybe an unusual veg, or some spices/oils I've never had or ran out of. Big treat and once that keeps giving - depending how long it lasts. I'd never buy the whole makings of dinner, but one key ingredient is sufficient.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.