Is it ok to feed your cat duck giblets?

Options
Sorry for posting in here and not the pet section, there are usually more peeps floating around in here :)

We have a duck in the oven roasting, and it came complete with giblets...would it be ok to cook them in the oven also and feed them to a cat? :confused:

Thanks for any advice.

Carol
If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn

Comments

• Pooky
    Pooky Posts: 7,023 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I give them to our cats and not had any problems - apart from the fact that they'd like more!

HTH
    "Start every day off with a smile and get it over with" - W. C. Field.
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,257 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    I agree, the cat will love them

As you will see from any wildlife programme the bits they all go for first on any kill is the guts
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My cat loves giblets, especially the liver. I cook them first in water to add to the gravy and then give them to her.

I'll move your thread over to the pet board now as it may be useful to other cat owners.

Pink
  • nealallen
    nealallen Posts: 2,605 Forumite
    Options
    There's no harm in giving them to the cats, if they don't like it they won't eat it :D
    Please do not feed the Trolls!
  • Raksha
    Raksha Posts: 4,570 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    nealallen wrote: »
    There's no harm in giving them to the cats, if they don't like it they won't eat it :D

That's not strictly true - they like (and will actively drink) antifreeze, but it's often fatal to dogs AND cats..........
    Please forgive me if my comments seem abrupt or my questions have obvious answers, I have a mental health condition which affects my ability to see things as others might.
  • CarolnMalky
    CarolnMalky Posts: 14,254 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your help, we tried her with the liver and she was having none of it...even tried some duck breast and she didnt like that, and it not like her as she is usually like a hoover lol.
    If you obey all the rules...you miss all the fun!! Katherine Hepburn
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport