2»

Comments

• Dead_keen
    Dead_keen Posts: 257 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    stephen77 wrote: »
    So you can do it faster.

But for something as short as 20k, availability of energy won't be a limiting factor. It's only 1:20 to 1:40 of exercise.
  • cjones1212
    Options
    I've used epsom salts in the bath and apparently that takes excess fat off...not really sure if they have as i'm on quite a strict diet anyway but maybe give them a twirl
  • Credit-Crunched
    Options
    cjones1212 wrote: »
    I've used epsom salts in the bath and apparently that takes excess fat off...not really sure if they have as i'm on quite a strict diet anyway but maybe give them a twirl

I use salts in a bad when I am cutting weight before a fight, as a way to lose weight long term, really not recommended.

it removes much needed nutrients from your body, I replace these with electrolyte drinks after weigh in.

The way one feels after sauna and then epsom salt baths, is NOT somthing i would recommend!
  • stephen77
    stephen77 Posts: 10,342 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Dead_keen wrote: »
    But for something as short as 20k, availability of energy won't be a limiting factor. It's only 1:20 to 1:40 of exercise.
    explain?

as people use stimulates in anaerobic exercises as well.

Plus how quick do you think he is doing the 20km in?
  • Kendall80
    Kendall80 Posts: 965 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'm using myprotein thermopure extreme atm. Not really a slimming pill but they are supposed to help metabolise fat and increase metabolic rate. I've used them for a month and im not convinced they are any better than the standard thermopure. Then again my exercise level has significantly dropped also (winter, family and a myriad of other excuses!).

The best comment above is how abs are made in the kitchen. We all have abs - just need to shed the overlying fat by reducing sugar and fat intake.
  • Dead_keen
    Options
    stephen77 wrote: »
    explain?

as people use stimulates in anaerobic exercises as well.

Plus how quick do you think he is doing the 20km in?

How quick do I think he's doing 20km? No idea, but I mentioned a range of 1 hour 20 min and 1 hour 40 mins.

Everyone is different, but let's say he can store 2,000 of calories as glycogen in his body. Let's say he's working hard and using 1,000 calories per hour (around 2 mins per 500m and so that is 1 hour 20), of which 300 comes from fat. So at that rate, and if it is as simple as that, he's going to run out of glycogen in around three hours. So a 20k row is not going to be limited by the available energy.

If he keeps that pace up and keeps going for longer, say for 42.2k, then he would want to eat something (say 1g of CHO per kg per hour).

I know nothing about anaerobic exercise but my guess is that eating something sugary beforehand won't make much, if any difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure