We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

20p Savers Club 2015

135678

Comments

  • Here's another newbie request as well!

    I already save 20ps and bank them when I've saved £10 worth - coming up to £9.60 at the moment.

    Using the money to pay off my OD (am part of the 1 debt v 100 challenge)

    If you want to maximise the chances of getting 20ps in my experience using self service tills are always a good bet - or is that cheating?
  • System
    System Posts: 178,483 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    As a regular 20p saver - I found a dragon money box in a charity shop which I use for this - I would like to join in please. I don't know what's in Puff the Magic Dragon at the moment, as I've not counted for some time, but I know I added 60p earlier.
    Any savings will go towards general household expenditure as we're both self employed, with very little coming in at the moment.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Please could I join? I have £5.60 worth in a tin already and have just got another one in change so £5.80 total.

    Not sure how to go about deciding when to bank, perhaps every time I get to £20.00 - we'll see. For now will just collect and save these lovely coins!:beer:
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • I have just put another 20p in the tin (well from OH's change) ;)
    Feb NSD's 2/10 under my belt.

    Feb Grocery Challenge
  • 3431Anna
    3431Anna Posts: 363 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    Hi I've not updayed for a while but I've got another 4.60 to pot !!
    20p savers club 2013#23 83.00 (2014 numer 6,70.00 pounds) 2036SPC No 6(2013) 182.34
    2.00 savers club no 159
    SPC No 7 2036(2014) 369.[2[ SPC No 8 197.45 (no 114)
  • Finally hit the £10 mark today with a sneaky visit to the self service checkout!
  • 3431Anna
    3431Anna Posts: 363 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture Combo Breaker
    hi everyone hope you are all ok
    another 80p for me to pot today
    20p savers club 2013#23 83.00 (2014 numer 6,70.00 pounds) 2036SPC No 6(2013) 182.34
    2.00 savers club no 159
    SPC No 7 2036(2014) 369.[2[ SPC No 8 197.45 (no 114)
  • Good morning,


    I haven't forgotten you lovely lot, just been busy in the background with work.


    Nice to see some new savers:


    missflirtuk
    gettingtheresometime
    hummingbird



    I've added you and your target (if you've set one) to the list on page 1, post 2.


    Happy hunting :D


    Pmo2
    x
  • My total so far is £4.60
  • Just a belated updated - my new total is £3.80, having banked my £10

    Did have a dilemma though should the 20p that I found on the street go in my 'look how much I've picked up' pot or my 20p pot.....in the end the 20p pot won lol
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.