Visa chargeback and next steps

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
5 replies 923 views
tsvptsvp Forumite
16 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Hello,

Bit of a story but here goes:
I ordered items online from a website in Italy, the parcel was never showing up and the seller a waste of space. After lots of investigation it turns out it had been delivered and signed by someone else in another street in my area and parcel force were unable to retrieve it.
I had a letter of apology from ParcelForce.
The seller is ignoring all my emails so I opened a PayPal claim which which came back as being in the sellers favour (something about seller protection they said) as the delivery had been signed for (all be it not by me) so I decided to open a visa chargeback claim as I used my debit card rather than PayPal balance.
I'm currently in the process of the claim and have sent the letter from ParcelForce and all other details they required as evidence for non receipt of the parcel.
My worry is now that the claim falls through, and I just can't settle until I know.
I'm now thinking well if it does fall through what is my next step?
I can't claim any compensation through the delivery company as they tell me the contract is with the sender and not with me.

Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

Replies

• grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO, it's unlikely that it falls through, but if it does your next step is FOS (after the internal complains procedure with the bank is exhausted).
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • 10pence10pence Forumite
    348 Posts
    Have you contacted the police as this could be theft by mis-repsentation by the signer?

Find it disgusting that Parcelforce take no liability for incorrectly delivering parcels. Don't think you'll be too successful with the bank as it's an issue with Parcelforce, but I'd love to be proven wrong here.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    82.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    tsvp wrote: »
    After lots of investigation it turns out it had been delivered and signed by someone else in another street in my area and parcel force were unable to retrieve it.
    I had a letter of apology from ParcelForce.

If it was incorrectly delivered. Then surely the liability rests with Parcel Force ?
    It's not whether you're right or wrong that's important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." — George Soros
  • grumblergrumbler Forumite
    54.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP has no contractual relations with ParcelForce.

For the OP the liability rests on the sender. Depending on the type of the service, the sender can demand compensation from their mail company. The mail company, in their turn, can demand compensation from ParcelForce.
    We are born naked, wet and hungry...Then things get worse. :(

.withdrawal, NOT withdrawel ..bear with me, NOT bare with me
    .definitely, NOT definately ......separate, NOT seperate
    should have, NOT should of
    .....guaranteed, NOT guarenteed
  • tsvptsvp Forumite
    16 Posts
    10 pence I have thought about it as this dispute has been going on for 3 months now so losing patients with it all. I just want my money back, it has ruined me this whole thing.so stressful and it's not even my fault.
    I find it awful that PayPal don't protect you for things like this. I always thought PayPal was super safe way of paying.
    Grumbler is correct have tried this they only have contract with sender not me.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Card providers to reserve up to £100

When you pay at supermarket fuel pumps

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals