IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PTL Parking fine in underground parking

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,345 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I consider this 'parking ticket' as an unsolicited invoice with as much merit as the publicly-derided £100

Not sure this sentence makes much sense. I think it is part of the original initial appeal - and was something in regard to a Blackpool landlady.

You need to change this.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Do I need to state my real name as a keeper of the car or should stay anonymous?

thank you very much
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 30 December 2014 at 4:58PM
    You will need to put your real name as keeper with a serviceable address, either no signature or an illegible signature "squiggle."

For information, the first appeal is nearly always rejected but the parking company must provide you with a PoPLA code. This is what you really want as this is the silver bullet you will you use in the second appeal to PoPLA and win.

Change the last line of your appeal to keeper, not registered keeper.

Does your lease actually require you to display a permit? I don't mean the management association or whoever decided to employ this scammer, but the actual lease/property rental agreement. If there is no mention of a permit you can tell the PPC this and you will not be displaying a permit in future. Each and every subsequent PCN will therefore be considered harassment and trespass, and will cost the PPC each and every time they give you one.

Or, do you own the property and own a parking space? The same applies but gives you even more clout against the PPC.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Ohhh, no I am not a keeper, I am a driver, as the car belongs to my employer. Do I need to state my full name and address in the appeal?

Sorry for asking it is not very clear to me :(((
  • You are the keeper. Not the Registered Keeper, which would be your company or lease company. The keeper is the person who "keeps" the car, i.e. has day-to-day control over it, i.e. YOU. This is an important distinction as far as the Protection of Freedoms Act is concerned, which mentions only the "keeper", not the "Registered Keeper".

So, use your name and your address as the keeper, not the driver.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    I think that you are making very heavy weather if this. They say your permit is nor valid, you can prove that it is. If they want proof say you will produce it in court or you want £5.00 administration.

If they become tiresome get the managing agents or your landlord to sort it out, no-one has lost anything from this, and they would be daft to take it to a court.

This is your flat, your space and they are employed from your service charges. You owe them nothing. Why should you even bother to appeal.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • bazster
    bazster Posts: 7,436 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    The Deep, you know I generally agree with you over these matters, but in this instance we seem to have a nervous and panicky OP who might be better off simply killing it at PoPLA rather than going to war as you or I would do.
    Je suis Charlie.
  • hoohoo
    hoohoo Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    I would add to your appeal as the first point.

I possess a valid permit which was clearly displayed in the vehicle windscreen. Therefore no contravention has occurred.
    Dedicated to driving up standards in parking
  • Thank you very much for your help! I have submitted the appeal, will let you know how it goes.

I am renting the flat in this building and renting a parking space from my neighbor as my apartment doesn't have parking assigned. Everybody knows me and my car here very well. Even the building property manager and concierge were asking PTL to cancel the charge but without success :(((

I went downstairs now and realized and there is no referral to PTL anywhere in the parking. Yes, the warning notices are everywhere but all of them are issued by Parking Tickening.co.uk.... How is it possible?

On the a sad note, got so stressed and nervous about it and have to call A&E with chest pain as well as complete loss of breast milk.... who will pay for it now....
  • hoohoo wrote: »
    I would add to your appeal as the first point.

I possess a valid permit which was clearly displayed in the vehicle windscreen. Therefore no contravention has occurred.

PTL claimes that the plastic hologram was not visible.... But the rest was absolutely clearly displayed.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure